Well, I had always heard this past month referred to as "March Madness" and was vaguely familiar that it had something to do with basketball, I think.....
But for me, "March Madness" has a whole new meaning, unique and personal, referring to the schedule I've had over the past few weeks.
Now, a younger person might roll their eyes at my complaining,
and many other mothers might dismiss my whining with a quick, "that ain't nothin",
but for me, for ME, this past month, just about killed me!
It started with me meeting the yearbook deadline.
That's me, submitting the very last page of this year's 104 page yearbook.
Notice the clutter; the remains of sticky notes; container of peanut butter M & M's.....
This year, M & M candy company sent me a thank you letter,
This summer, hopefully Weight Watchers will too.....
My girls hoot-n-hollered to have their mommy back;
I just started to throw-up and cry and smile all at the same time.
We celebrated that night, but by the next day, sights HAD to be set on the student art show.....
This year I was even further behind then usual which meant hundreds of people helping me matte, label and hang....okay, I exaggerate just a little, but it did take the help of some wonderful volunteers, friends and family members to get it all done - next year, Melle Broaderick you better take those student photos by November!!
Some new favorites this year include,
Hidden Mickey in watercolor by Kindergarten;
Hidden Mickey in tempera by First Grade;
Lions in tempera and crayon by First Grade;
and Birds on a Wire by Kindergarten.
All the above totally inspired by the new-ish Pinterest website craze.
With results like this, I figure my addiction is justified.
Then, with no time to breathe, as soon as the art show was up, I truly left a parent still in my classroom hanging up Lions, my mom McKenna and I were on our way to Salt Lake City for the weekend. My mom had a HWA (Horror Writer's Association) conference to attend, w/ two of her poetry collections up for a Stoker award!
The slideshow that follows is quickly put together and McKenna took most of the photos, but it's still a fun little summary of our really short trip.
We arrived home safely, thank you God, but now the week ahead brought the biggest Arts in the Park event our school had ever seen! Two nights of sidewalk chalk, storytelling, Spanish dances, art show and song.
(There is a video on my webpage on our school website, I'm just not aloud to post it here.)
The weather cooperated and both nights were wonderful.
After set-up, Andrea worked the chalk station,
and McKenna passed out programs.
Without their help, the event would not have run as smoothly as it did.
Thank you Girls. Mommy loves you!
And so,
all that.
Oh with tennis matches; tennis districts which left school at 5:50 a.m.; AB Honor Roll report cards; and 70 Thank You cards for our Community Volunteers.....
after all that, I can honestly say, I am so grateful for this glorious three day Easter weekend.
McKenna still left the Easter Bunny some carrots and a glass of water,
Thankfully he still came, leaving DVD's, art supplies and lots and lots of candy!
With my new found free time, this weekend I have been to the movies with my hubby and played video games with my kids.
I did think I should probably put away the rest of the Christmas decorations, but I have to leave myself something to do next weekend, right?
If you are still reading this, thank you for hangin' in there and I'll try not to make it so long in between posts!!
Love to all.
Peace and blessing,
Melle
2 comments:
Loved the Animoto video! WOW, I didn't know you were taking all those pic's! Super!
Truly one of the best blog posts ever! I hope others take note and try same on their mini vacations.
A time we will all treasure, and worth every penny!
Love,
Y.M.
Enjoyed the blog.
Truly enjoyed the video. Great pictures. Looks like everyone enjoyed their mini-vacation.
Keep up the good work.
Summer vacation is just around the corner.
Love,
Grandma G
Post a Comment