It was a good week for McKenna; and not bad for this pretty proud momma either!
She has been working hard and practicing her speech for the Tropicana Speech Contest for weeks now. Her topic was about Mr. Disney and the Magic Kingdom. It was a precious speech and it got her 3rd place in her classroom competition. Wow! I could not have talked in front of my classmates like that when I was 10 years old!!
Then, also for weeks now, McKenna has been saving up her money for this year's American Girl Doll. This doll is an important one for so many reasons, but mostly because it is a "McKenna" too!
We deposited her money this week and placed the order online. It should arrive by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post the update. :o)
Well, I didn't want to let this post go with out a shout-out for my other beautiful, talented and amazing daughter {wink}.....
So while enjoying some creative time this weekend at SHE Scrapbooks, a friend mentions Picmonkey as website for photo editing.....well, I love it! I can't wait to play w/ some photos this summer, but I couldn't resist just one photo. This is from a series taken of Andrea this swim season; photos I've been meaning to post.....I didn't take them, by the by, wish I had! Awesome!
And while feeling creative from my time on Saturday, I was inspired by yet another post on Pinterest. I (and some good friends) are hoping that our school goes w/ a western reading theme next year. I found this sample from an art teacher ( mrspicassosartroom.blogspot.com ) who just finished a Wild West Themed Unit. I took the idea and played.....
McKenna helped me with the final touches - I love that!
I so know my students can do this!
FCAT this week for McKenna, I know she's got this!
Keep you posted,
Love Melle


3 comments:
GOOD GRIEF! I didn't realize these were up-- thought only on FB with McK's photo of her deposit for the McKenna doll (or withdrawal of money for doll, that is).
LOVED the cactus!!!! and the other piece with McK's help. :)
I am so glad that you more or less have your duckies in a row now, as far as the rest of the year goes with school.
What a great photo of Andrea! Folks may not realize how much power and energy and guts it takes to maintain the butterfly stroke either for exercise --or much more, in competition.
Posting belated congrats again to McKenna! I heard most of her recited speech and I thought for sure she was FANTASTIC!
Love,
Y.M.
Hip, Hip, Hoorah!
Two amazing young women who just happen to be our granddaughters, they have excellent genes from both parents, and grandparents.
May they continue to strive for excellence in whatever they do!
It is truly amazing the speech Mckenna wrote and recited. Congrats to her!!!!
As always, Anrea is our beautiful butterflier.
Our best to them and you.
Love the blog and pictures.
Love,
Gram G
Sorry about the spelling of Andrea's name.
Gram G
Post a Comment