Sunday, May 20, 2012

just a quickie.....

So much to catch up on, but it's the eve of our last week of school and I am ready to go to bed.....
However, just in case anyone was wondering I wanted to make this post....

Yesterday, Scott and I saw The Avengers w/ the girls, for our 3rd time, only this time was in an IMAX theater....it was AWESOME!
Yesterday, we found a pretty little dress for McKenna to wear to her 4th grade graduation tomorrow night (our 5th graders are part of the middle school, so this is it, no more elementary students in this house!)
And yesterday, well, yesterday, I got a new camera.
WHAT, A NEW CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!
IT is AWESOME!!!!!!!
I still feel so guilty.
I still worry whether or not it was the right choice.
But here we are.

It has some simple editing options in the camera, such as this "soft focus" and

this "spot color"
And it seems to take pretty close up photos,

And this was a "snapshot" taken very quickly as the girls did not want me to practice on them again!

Here is the same photo cropped and teeth whiten in Picmonkey.com, but that is the only editing,

So, tomorrow, I'll put the new Nikon P150 to the test with the students in my classroom and McKenna's awards ceremony.......
I'll keep you posted!!
Melle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun to be had with the new camera.

The girls make a great photo shoot subjects.

The Avengers in IMAX was probably awesome.

Looking forward to more photos.

Gram G

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I didn't see them before tonight.

McKenna looks so priceless in the back seat!! Also loved the ones of her and Andrea.

Sorry I'm not an AVENGERS fan, but I enjoyed the Brit series back in the day (nothing to do with the new movie, I'm afraid).

I want some cupcakes so see you tomorrow!

Love,
Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails