What can I say: You've heard my excuses before.
Where do I start: I am so far behind.
So, as 2012 comes to a close in a few short hours, I'll hit the highlights from the last two months.

The girls helped bake and cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas.I love this tradition. Each year I take these pictures and I can't believe how fast they grow.
From standing on stools and licking the beaters only 4 to 5 years ago:


(Actually, Andrea is taller and actually I'm much wider!)
And decorating the tree? Well, it used to be quite the team effort to get our little angel to the top of the tree:
Now my youngest "angel" can reach the top all by herself!
Daddy played pipes with the Sounds of Scotland at Church on the Square in the Villages,
and we hung the stockings with care in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there! (And don't forget the letters to Santa, cookies and milk and lettuce and carrots for the reindeer!)
Christmas morning had to come early this year as Daddy had to leave for work at 6:00.
Well, it's only taken me an hour to edit photos and post these comments so far.....I better "hit the highlights" a little faster!
As you know, Andrea is in her Senior year of high school, and with that comes the end of "swim season". (Of which, I am ever so grateful to have one more youngin' in the family who wants to swim when she gets to high school, or personally, I'd be really, really sad!)
I am also so grateful Andrea's grandparents, Gail and Charlie could be there to escort her on her on "Senior Splashdown Day"!
Each season ends with the entire team in the pool at the end of the meet....I caught these photos between Andrea and her coach:
They don't get any better than this! Coach Jacqui and her team; so grateful for these amazing people in Andrea's life!
The girl's team finished undefeated and took runner-up at Districts! Andrea's 100m butterfly helped get them there! This is one proud momma! :o)
Also, since my last post, McKenna celebrated her 11th birthday.
Some of her sweet, sweet friends could come for a sleepover.
Thank you Courtney, Kathryn and Olivia!
And finally, here's a good place to end this post on the Eve of a New Year....
on the Friday after Thanksgiving we added one more thing to be thankful for;
Andrea is going to college!!!!!
She was accepted to Flagler College in St. Augustine. It is such a cool place and I am so excited for her!
Thank you Grandma Gail, Aunt Debbie and Cousin Devin for having the fore-thought to order this shirt for Andrea. Grandma gave it to her the night of McKenna's Kotobuki celebration.....it was a great night for all!
So, here's to a new year of wonderful possiblities!
Love to all!
Melle












2 comments:
Such wonderful and special pictures. So many good memories!!
I thank the good Lord for such a beautiful family.
Hope the New Year is one even more great memories for our family.
Love,
Grandma Gail
Just MARVELOUS photos! I agree with Grandma Gail all the way!Finally got them on line to share with all.
What a truly wonderful holiday and a great year for the girls --and you!
I've another shot you might want of McK reaching the top of the tree this year.
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment