Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

Hello All!
I'm so sorry that I haven't had any new posts lately. I see by my visitor's counter, I ought to mention something! :)
And so, the one irony about being a mom who is a teacher, is during Teacher Appreciation Week, I am busy every night when I get home, sometimes staying up later than usual so I can finish making and or wrapping a little token of appreciation for my daughter's teachers!
And admittedly, now that I'm a special area teacher, the treats don't come in as much as they did when I was a classroom teacher. However, it's okay! I will muddle through. :)
My favorite gifts we are giving this week:
"I treasure you" - a little wooden treasure box painted by McKenna and filled with chocolate candy (did you know, I don't think they make the "Treasures" candy anymore? Bummer, 'cause that's how I got the idea.)
FSU themed notecards for McKenna's teacher - cute - and she was thrilled :)
And, Dollar Tree had a large plastic popcorn tub that we will fill with DVDs, soda, movie candy and popcorn of course!

To all my teacher friends - whether you are currently teaching, on leave or retired.......I SOOOOOOOO appreciate you! Your influence inspires me every day :)
Love, Melle

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

YOU are a totally awesome teacher, how do I know this, because of all the time you devote to your kiddos!!! So I hope you have a wonderful appreciation week!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails