Sunday, May 17, 2009

Take the good with the bad....

Or should that be "take the bad with the good"? Anyway......
The GOOD news is, the house is completely vacuumed, all bed linens are freshly laundered and McKenna's hair is squeaky clean.....
Have you guessed it? I hope not, 'cause if you have that means you may have had the same experience. Yep, McKenna was sent home from school on Thursday with head lice.
OMG! I know :(
Initially, it hasn't been too horrible.
Scott took the day off; he wash for two days; he took bedspreads to the laundry mat;I vacuumed and washed some more.
However, we did have to cancel McKenna attending a slumber party this weekend - that was very heartbreaking.
Now, what concerns me is the fear that they can still come back! OMG, if there is still one egg somewhere (damn things are minuscule in size) then in 10 days we could be dealing with more. AARRGH.
Interestingly, I find it frustrating because I can't lay blame anywhere. Every student in her classroom and the room next to hers (they share aftercare together) checked out fine. I was reminded that she could of gotten them from cushions from a restaurant or the movie theater. I will never look at those movie theater seats the same way again.

It is a blessing that McKenna has short, fine and straight hair. Can you imagine if Andrea got them? I can't! We would have to cut it for sure. So we continue to be very careful and vigelent.

On a brighter note. Scott feels all he needs is one of those mini-notebook laptops. So we found one at Best Buy for $249 and I now have his old laptop. Man-o-man how liberating! Digital scrapbooking, here I come! Right now, I'm also busy putting together not one, but two digital slideshows for two teachers at school for their end of the year program. Of course, I really don't mind doing it. After the art show, everything seems easy from here. Nine more student days!
I can't wait to get together with friends again.
Love to all,
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails