Monday, January 17, 2011

In this big, big world,

there is lil ol' me.

Out there in the world, it's been a rough start to the new year.
Major flooding in Australia;
Devastating mudslides in Brazil;
Snow in 49 states;
Blizzards in the northeast and
a very tragic shooting rampage in Arizona.

I can't imagine; I can't imagine what it must be like.
I am so grateful for my warm little bed.
I am so grateful for my safe home and
I am so grateful for my family and friends.

But here, in my own little world, it too, has been a rough start to the new year.
Sick.
Sick with a cold;
Sick with exhaustion.
And then, sick with something I hope I never have again, only I'm not exactly sure what happened. My guess is, after a combination of different ointment to treat a cold sore, I essentially burned my lips. Weird. I know. But let me tell you, painful. So very painful.

I am, thankfully, almost recovered.
What I hope I remember from this 17 day experience, is that I hope I never take sleep and rest for granted again. I hope, I can keep them a priority in my life because so much depends on them.

Okay, yeah!
Finally the end of my pity party!

When I started blogging, there was this unspoken vow (or perhaps I did say it out loud),
but this was not to be a place of my personal ramblings.
It was however a place to share stuff we do.

And with that, this Saturday, the four of us got to do something together and it was a nice day.
There was a Scottish festival near Orlando and I got to snap a few photos.

(Nope, I don't know this little boy, or his dad. I just thought it was a neat moment.)

At the very end of the day's ceremonies, all the bands who competed, play as a "mass band". It is amazing to hear and splendid to see. Goose bumps. It gives me goose bumps every time.


I'm grateful to have the time to play with these few and I look forward to the time when I can play some more.

Night to all.
And thank you.

Melle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had goose bumps just thinking how that must have sounded, filling up the entire park!

So glad you're better and I'm thankful that I didn't get what you had. So we all can be thankful!

Remember not to cut yourself short on rest!

Till later, we'll both take the high road...

Love,
Y.M.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looked like it was a lot of fun for everyone.

Bagpipe music is great music. Glad you got to go and enjoy!

Take time to rest and recoup.

Love,
Grandma Gail

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails