......stressed...........overwhelmed.....
......exhausted.......
......frustrated.......
but we all feel that way;
maybe, from time to time,
(or do we feel that way a little too often)
so, I don't mean to have a pity party
so, am I making excuses?
I was telling my mom today that "I'm in a blogging slump",
but I don't think that is it at all. Actually, I have plenty I want to blog about; lots of ideas; it's actually something I think about frequently. And if I'm not thinking about what I want to post on the blog, then I'm searching other blogs so I can gather more ideas.
Egad! What is wrong with me?
Because this post is still turning into.....ready for it.....
another blog post about why I don't have time to post!
So I won't.
I won't go eat that dinner that is waiting for me in the kitchen.
I won't finish entering those grades that are due this week.
I won't finish the PowerPoint I need for my lesson first thing tomorrow morning.
I won't write up that MIP paperwork that has been due for several months.
I won't work on another yearbook page.
I won't write even one lesson plan ('cuz I've only written 3 all year).
I won't go finish another load of laundry.
I won't do all these things, this Sunday night, until I officially write a legitimate post!
ADMIRE vs. ENVY
admire - to regard with wonder, pleasure or approval.
envy - an emotion that occurs when a person lacks another's achievement.
I admire those who can keep a clean house, but I envy those who work from home.
I admire talented photographers, but envy their fancy cameras and big lenses.
I admire those who can use Photoshop, but envy those who can use Photoshop.
I envy those who have lots of paints, inks, canvases and gel mediums at their fingertips, and admire those who know what to do with it.
I envy those who have tapped into the internet through blogging and websites to share their passion, and admire those who have.
I envy those who are creative, and admire those who do something with it.
The truth is, I feel creative, I'm just frustrated that I can't seem to find the time to finish anything or the means to complete them.
Now, don't worry and don't read too much into all this blubbering.
It's just the way I'm feeling....tonight. Sunday night.
It's the usual feeling of,
"I'm not quite done. I'm not quite ready. If I only only had just one more day....".
And on that note:
Since "express yourself" is my "word" for this year,
may I share this from last weekend,
Best wishes everyone,
Melle
2 comments:
EXACTLY!
Now, if I were you, I'd feel lots better about not getting to do every item on your pending agenda.
Enjoyed your Admire vs. Envy part.
You sure have a very tidy bedroom.
I ADMIRE and ENVY that.
Won't be long till the worst of the stress is over! Spring Break will be here in no time.
love,
Y.M.
Forgot to say I just love the artsy banner for the start of this year with McKenna's smile!!
Fantastic work!
Y.M.
Post a Comment