Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Monumental Day

As I said on Facebook this evening, "today is a monumental day".....
-I've submitted half of our school yearbook today (two days before the deadline....well, two days before the extended deadline)

-I've updated my classroom blog (complete with a short animoto video and a new banner across the top)

-I've caught the laundry up (thanks to Scott taking the week off and tackling many major chores around here)

-I've cooked dinner (just tacos - easy peasy)

-and low and behold, it looks as though I'll add a post to this blog as well.....with......tada....a photo (or two) of the Valentine gift tags I finished yesterday for McKenna's teacher gifts.

I've always loved this stamp that says "hugs and kisses" and not that I haven't done some version of this before, but I plan to fill the little tin buckets with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses candy - yum! A treat I'd be happy to get any day. :o)

Also, updated news on the girls:
Andrea's tennis team will have their first match (or two actually) this week and it looks like McKenna will be a munchkin in our high school's production of Wizard of Oz. Sounds like it will be a great opportunity for a lot of fun and some special memories. It will come with challenges though. Some rehearsals fall at the same time as Andrea's home matches and parents are expected to purchase tickets for each one of their performances.....there are 4. Tickets are either $10 or $25 for the dinner show. Of course, depending on what perspective I take, I guess that isn't too bad....Andrea's cost for swim and tennis teams adds up to much more than that.
I imagine I might be a Wizard of Oz expert before this is over :o)
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Love to all,
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it sure is a Monumental Day!
Your idea for Valentine's Day gifties for the teachers is so cute! Having actually touched one of the tags, I think McKenna's teachers should preserve theirs as a keepsake.

McKenna's teachers eagerly anticipate holidays and can tell who gave them the most awesome little tokens of love and respect!

Not a word about the Super Bowl! My goodness.

Ah, but there are far more important things to share in real time!

Everyone should check out your addition on your classroom site!

Love,
Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails