I'm thinking about blogging this morning.....
because I am more than a week behind in my posts,
I'm so sorry to my (6) faithful readers....you know who you are!
As mentioned already the next 8 - 9 weeks are chalk-a-block full of deadlines. The days have been full, minute to minute with plenty to do. I'm not complaining...it beats the alternative.....unemployment or death! It's just the timing of all these deadlines....I keep telling myself to just prioritize....
because I love Saturday morning bacon,
Have I ever shared my story about bacon. Bacon, ironic, as you know, I don't care for much meat other than chicken and salmon. Don't care for cow and I especially can't stand the thought of eating pig. But, bacon. bacon is special. Well, it was special when my grandfather made it and by some good fortune it's the one thing I can cook, thanks to my grandfather's very specific standards. You have to cook it slowly. You can't be in a hurry. And turn often. I recently recalled that he also cut his pieces in half and snipped the edges as they started to curl. I regret that I don't remember why he cut them in half. I imagine, thinking of the era that he grew up in having a tiny piece of bacon to savor was even more special.
because I am procrastinating.
As mentioned (over and over again by now....sorry) I have a lot I hope to accomplish today. One of those times when there is so much you don't know where to start so, in my case, I just procrastinate. Procrastination, too bad there isn't a job out there that demands a good procrastinator 'cuz I'd be really good at that! Look at me, procrastinating while I'm writing about procrastination - see I'm really good at it!
Okay then,
now I have focus
now my fingers are all warmed up
now let's hope the internet Gods are with me today 'cuz I got yearbook pages to finish.
Just think, after March 22nd you won't here me say those words ever again......well, not until next year's yearbook anyway.
Love ya!
Hope I'm back by Sunday to let you know how it all went.
If not, don't worry. I'll be back by summer vacation :o)
Melle
1 comment:
Procrastination needs to end today! Lovely blog comments and I want a photo of the NEW blooming dogwood!!
One little thing --it was very hard to read the blue type against the black background. Wonder if it's just my screen??
Have a super day in studio!
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment