Sunday, April 3, 2011

There's no place like home.....

As I sit here tonight, cuddled up in my bed, I can happily say "there's no place like home"....
We have returned from Oz and I feel as if I walked the yellow brick road myself!
The high school students put together a great show! Four shows in 3 days to be exact and McKenna was fortunate enough to be among 14 of the elementary students who were invited to be part of the show. They had three parts: the Munchkin Landers, helped in Emerald City and the Jitter-bugs, who were used by the witch to capture Dorothy. The addition of the little ones was a big hit!



Our Dorothy was AMAZING and oh so sweet to all the little ones.

Although not looking this way, McKenna is the fourth from the left. The little ones got to come out and take their bow first.

McKenna with Andrea

McKenna with one proud mommy!!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congrats to Miss McKenna...ask her if I can have her autograph? And give her a high five for me...awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow!For a high school, I thought it was a GREAT performance and then I was told that the matinee had the understudies for many of the actors (but not for the brilliant gal playing Dorothy!)
What a gorgeous voice, what grace! I was swept away...and so true, the little ones made it come alive even more.

It was a special treat and will remain always a special memory to share this occasion. McKenna is a "natural"!

Thanks for the blog entry. Rest well. Only 8 more VERY BUSY weeks!

Word for the month: Rubber Cement.

Love,
Y.M.

kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

how AWESOME! i am SO not an actress, nor do i have the desire to be infront of any audience.. but i LOVE the wizard of oz.. & that has to be a very magical experience to be apart of!

congrats & hooray for little mckenna! :)

Anonymous said...

Mckenna was just wonderful! The play was exceptionally good. Glad to see kids doing something besides noses in computers or games.
It was a great evening, enjoyed every minute of it and of course Mckenna's performance was superb!!

Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Who can ask for more than an audience with adulations galore!

Love,

Y.M.

The Lurker in the Bell Tower

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails