I've reached the age of 40.....something, and I am here to admit that I don't think I've truly every really appreciated what Memorial Day means.
I mean, I know it is a day set aside for us to honor those who have fallen for our country.
But I have never really appreciated what that means, until.....
There have been several small things I've read or heard over the last 24hrs and then I just saw Pioneer Woman's Memorial Day post.
Then, I understood what it means.
Yesterday someone posted on Facebook:
"Freedom is not free."
that stuck with me
This morning a new song on the radio had the lyrics:
"Have we forgotten how to be Americans?"
that bugged me
The song also mentioned the familiar phrase:
"The home of the free and the brave."
That made me swell with pride, but I quickly reminded myself that I am not brave, not in the least.
Then that brought me back to,
"Freedom is not free."
"Freedom is not free and please click on this link to see photos: thepioneerwoman.com
I am so grateful I live in this country.
I am so grateful to have spent yesterday with ones that I love.
And I am so grateful for the men and women who have and continue to serve
the home of the free and the brave.
Amen.
2 comments:
Great blog!
More people should realize your statements on freedom.
Spending Memorial Day with family and friends was great.
Pictures were great on the last blog.
We should have had one of you playing cornhole.
Keep up the good work!
Love, Grandma
Such a patriotic comment! Very well done indeed.
Sorry I missed your playing cornhole, though it sounds rather uncomfortable for some reason. Of course, I dont' know the game! LOL!
All who love you are about to burst with pride!
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment