Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day so SWEET!

And a sweet week too!

The yearbooks are in! {squeal, squeal}
They haven't been passed out yet.....shhhh.....this is the first peek!
Our school wide reading theme this year was "Solving Mysteries One Book at a Time" so the yearbook follows the same theme. (our school mascot is the buffalo)

I took a day off this week so I could help chaperon on McKenna's field trip to see James and the Giant Peach in Orlando.

My Lion King tickets are here!
{squeal, squeal, jump, jump, scream, scream, pass out from shear joy}
I've told the story over and over this week to family, to friends, to passersby, but I guess I haven't told it here.....
Well, it may require another post a little closer to our trip, but I'll give you the short version for now. In June, Scott and I are going to his friends wedding in New York City! That Thursday night, we have Yankee vs. Red Sox tickets. Friday night Scott will be at the bachelor party so I will get to see The Lion King on Broadway with a very special former student of mine as my handsome date! Saturday is the wedding and Sunday we fly back.
Did I mention my Lion King tickets are here?!

This morning was breakfast in bed with my favorite - a Mickey Mouse waffle!

Okay, okay, this was a photo from last year's Mother's Day....but I don't think I ever posted it and this morning's was almost exactly the same (including a cup of Earl Gray), but I was much too bleary-eyed this morning to take a picture.

And bested treat of all, I got to spend 12 hours in my studio this weekend......
Oh man, well, alright......12 hours cleaning.....the place was a wreck......
Oh come on! Okay, this photo was from two years ago when the studio had just been completed...it sort of still looks like that today......gosh, so picky!

I think you should be impressed that I could find photos from the past year....and earlier!

And well, finally, my car didn't get washed, but I did catch up on every bit of laundry....it took two and half days, but as the girls and I sit here wrapped up in a blanket thanks to the chill in the room......every BIT of laundry is all done! {wink}

Love to all,
Melle
(I finally added words to my last post, so keep reading..... )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a wonderful Mother's Day. We deserve that on occasion.

Great detail!

Love, Grandma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails