Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On America's birthday....

We celebrate!

We celebrate that we live in the land of the free and the brave.

We are so grateful to the men and women and their families who make so many unimaginable sacrifices everyday so my family and loved ones can enjoy the bounties of this beautiful country.


We also celebrate Grandma's birthday!

We bake cakes.


We bake cupcakes.

And we swim, drink, and play Cornhole. Apparently we (meaning "I") also relax so much that we don't even take very many pictures either.

Oh woe is me.
I am in such a photographic slump.
Allow me to explain.
You may recall, I ordered a new camera.
I love my old Kodak Easy Share Camera, but 6 years of almost daily use has worn out the "selection dial" on the back of the camera. Sooo, I spoke with Kodak for over an hour last week and I ordered a new Kodak Easy Share Camera, hoping for the equivalent.
It's a 14 mega-pixel camera, my old one was 6.1.
This is what I got. (no editing)

Blurry. Yuck!
But it also took this. (w/a little editing)

I love my old Kodak EasyShare camera.
It took my all time favorite 4th of July photo, see (w/NO editing)
(Warning: this photo might age you 10 years - circa 2006)

Of course, I also still have my digital SLR, which I've had pretty good luck with.
It's taken this:
(2008)

And this:
(2009)
And this is what I took yesterday.

I attended a photo class where we were taught how to take our cameras off of "AUTO" and to use the manual settings. What keeps ringing in my ears is the very talented instructor, Karen Russell said, "it will get worse before it gets better, but don't go back to auto"....boy was she right! I like the photo above. I like that it seems more casual than posed. But it still doesn't have that "wow" factor I strive for.

What to do? What to do?

Let's just change the subject shall we (meaning I).
I also bought some new stamps recently.
They inspired some more of these:

And with a few loved ones having birthdays lately {wink} ......I was inspired to create these:


And still in the works, but almost done, are these:

And so, on the day after America's birthday, I am blessed to be loafing around the house until around 3 today. I hope to play with some photos and finish some cards.

Oops, gotta go.
McKenna just made me this most amazing looking turkey and provolone sandwich.
May your days be filled with loafing, amazing sandwiches and people who love you!
Melle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful July 4th celebration! Looks like all were having a super time. Your edited photos on new camera look fine to me! But I'm no expert. I don't know why Kodak's new cameras sometimes take blurry photos.

Loved the new cards!! Can't wait to see/hold the final products in hand. You are such a whiz at this!

Take heart, be patient with the camera. Things will get better-- or else!! You can send it back and try another brand, right?

Love,
Y.M.
P.S. are there any cupcakes left?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that the Birthday Girl, born on the Fourth of July, looks too young to be a grandma!

Such a happy time for all to share!

Bunches of love,

Nana Marge

Anonymous said...

A wonderful time was enjoyed by one and all on the Fourth of July.

The food was good, the friends and family was great.

The cake and cupcakes were fabulous!

A good time was had by one and all, especially the birthday girl.

Thanks so much for a wonderful day!
Great photos!

You will figure out the camera problem and prevail.

Thanks again for doing a great blog.

Great picture of the girls, Scott and me.

Love, Grandma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails