Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blogging is similar to scrapbooking....



Similar to scrapbooking, I'm so far behind I'm not sure where to start and discouraged 'cuz there is so much to share.

Excuses, I mean explainations?
Why yes!
-I've been laptop-less off and on for a few weeks. Not that I can't blog from what I call, our family PC, but cuddled up in the covers just before bedtime is by far my favorite time to work on the computer.
-And, when I have worked on the blog, I'm sad to share, but Blogger (the website I create my blog on) has not been cooperating, especially while wanting to include photos.

Anyway, all that out of the way, let's get started!




How about this photo? It's festive!





1. If Facebook has done anything good for our society today, it has provided thousands of people with chances to re-connect with old friends. A few weeks ago, thankfully, I reconnected with yet another good friend from my past....I mean way in my past, but she had proof I did use to work at Disney - it's my only proof! See, take picuters now, we can sort them out later! Yep, that's me on the left, my friend Barb is in the middle and our friend Gina is on the right.






2. Embarking on the traditional 4th grade field trip to St. Augustine, McKenna says she had a wonderful time! Here she is pictured with some friends Savannah and Kylee. It's about 5 in the morning....yep, which means we left our house about 4:15, and yep, that means I was up about 3:30....not our first time having to do this and probably not our last.....

3. Getting ready for Halloween around here includes Book-o-ween costumes for school. Actually, this is McKenna's last one, so I wanted to make sure I helped "make" it extra special. One of her favorite book characters is Felicity who is an American Girl from 1776 and I actually made her dress....I couldn't believe it!




4. I also love that Book-o-ween has evolved into each team of teachers at work chosing a book to do together. So tickled that I could influence their decision! A cute book called Mouse Paint about three mice who find 3 jars of paint (and what happens to the colors when they are mixed together...one my students know very well!).








5. I love that we spent the first weekend of our Fall break putting up the Christmas tree together complete with Disney's monorail.





6. Thanksgiving Day was exactly the way I love it, time with family and lots of yummy food.


















Learning the recipe secrets, McKenna helped Grandma with the sweet pototo casserole.















What a feast! So glad my mom and Bruce could share it with us all.









Black Friday has long been a tradition before it was called "Black Friday". We meet my friend Pam and her family (something we've done since we were 14) at the Avenues Mall this year just outside of Jacksonville for an entire day of shopping. The girls and I hit our favorite stores as fast as we could which included The Disney Store and Build-a-Bear!






Okay, well, thanks still to Blogger giving me a hard time while trying to move photos around ( and all the extra spaces, sorry!), this post has taken hours to complete, but these little beauties are waiting for some "note" cards out in the studio....let's hope I get to go work on them, the weather is PERFECT for it.


(I'm also working on invitations for McKenna's 10th birthday party - let's hope I can get those done too!!)



Thanks for not giving up on me!

Best wishes,

Melle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never going to give up on you-- your energies are awesome! Loved these photos! The one of Turkey & wine glasses is so pro, you should be sending it off somewhere important and/or making cards with it.

Nice one of how our Turkey Day was "made" and enjoyed. Wow, what a veritable feast!

This new post was well worth the wait, I'm so delighted!!!!!

Love,
Y.M.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Blogger problems (and of course laptop on fritz.) But all's okay now.

The one of the girls putting the Disney train together was great! Even more fun is to be there and see it in motion.

"Please step back from the doors...."

love,
Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails