Well,
I am still in front of a computer working on yearbook, but now I'm down to only the laptop.
And, because it's the laptop, it is portable which means, it is out in the studio, so I am in the studio!
The weather has been PERFECT for it and the garage door has been open letting in all that glorious light and Spring air! (Yes, I have one of those screens across the front of my garage for those who didn't know, otherwise, I'd be sharing this glorious Spring weather with all of our not so glorious Florida bugs!)
So, while I wait for yearbook pages to load, I am cutting, and cutting....
Next to accomplish this week are 70 thank you cards for our community volunteers.
I thought of the "Our Hearts Leap for You" theme because I knew we'd already done frogs at the beginning of the school year to go w/ our Reading Rainforest theme.....
Well, the powers that be, dropped the "heart" part, which I'm just as glad because I didn't really want to figure out how to make a heart shaped lily pad, however, they have taken off w/ the frog part. The other art teachers will make other decor. I just get the cards....hmmm wonder how that happened {wink}!
And so, I picked about 6 different little froggies :O); the students will sign the lily pad part that says "thank you"; and they will lay flat for storage, but fold up and stay in place with a paperclip....this is the prototype.....only 69 more to go!
So where I am today......is in the classroom for a little while. My mom will be kidnapped this morning in order to help me begin matting the art pieces for the student art show - yippee!
Then back here for more....yearbook and cards.....
I can't believe in a week, the yearbook will be all turned in....
I can't believe in two weeks the student art show will be hung up....
I can't believe at the end of the two weeks, Nana, McKenna and I will fly to SLC for the weekend (go Nana!) (oh, did I not mention THAT yet....more to come {wink})
I can't believe in three weeks, I will get to enjoy the week long event that has grown bigger than ever this year that will include all special area departments, better known as "Arts in the Park"....
And I can't believe in four weeks, I will be on the downhill slide to summer!!!!!!!!!
OMG! I am filled w/ emotion.
crazy.
Love to all.
Melle
2 comments:
Glad to see your progress with the yearbook and the studio.
Makes working so much easier for you and the girls.
I know the yearbook will be a success.
Sorry your Spring Break is almost over.
Love, Gram G
I love the solution to your problem. These are absolutely adaorable froggies!
My kids made heart shaped lily pads for their pop up frogs (not like yours, though) when I was in the classroom.
Very good solution of yours!
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment