So sorry for the absence.
Actually, not near as busy as I usually am, but just seem to run out of time and energy.
There is some "stuff" to catch up on; not sure where to start, so I'll just use a list.
Not in any particular order:
1. I never posted a follow-up to McKenna saving up her own money for the American Girl Doll named....."McKenna"!
| McKenna saves up $109.00 (inc. s & h) of her own money |
(shhh, she said I could post a photo, but didn't want to me make a slideshow.....but it's so cute!!!)
2. THE YEARBOOKS ARE HERE!!!!!
13 boxes, over 650 books!
I can't show it to you yet, I have to wait for the "big reveal", which actually just means, I can't share them until the day they go home w/ students.....which I hope is Monday, May 14th.....
I am so happy they are here and aren't printed upside down - my greatest fear....
I did find a few "boo-boos" but I think they will be forgiven, 'cuz wait until you see!!!!
So, so pretty :O)!!!!!!
3. I've been working on some owls.
Teacher Appreciation Week is this coming week and I've been workin' on a few ideas.
Inspiration from the Pinterest website is no secret now (
I like to give a little somethin' - somethin' each day of the week and lead up to the "biggie" on Friday.....
I made two owls, McKenna made two owls and here's the plan:
Monday - inside the tag says,
"Whoo is the highlight of my life? You are!"
Tuesday - inside of tag it says,
"Whoo deserves a break today? You do!"
Wednesday - inside of the tag it says,
"Whoo has the "write" stuff? You do!"
Thursday - inside of the tag it says,
"Whoo keeps me "sharp" You do!"
Friday - "Thank you for making me a whole year wiser!"
Okay, so Friday's isn't actually ready yet. This entire idea was inspired by a brown paper gift paper lunch bag decorate like an owl that says, "Thank you for making me a whole year wiser!"
One of the culminating gifts will be a set of four note cards, each w/ an owl from above.
Click HERE for the link to the original idea.
4. Saw The Avengers twice this weekend!
Loved it.
5. I got to craft yesterday.
I hope to give a gift this week of a photo album, photo frame and a Shutterfly gift certificate (since we can't give film anymore). I wanted a tag w/ a camera on it.
Saw this IDEA on Junelle Jacobson's blog, so I created this
I cropped it down to just one for the tag.
I admit, I kick up the color saturation and contrast on the new photo editing site I found Picmonkey, which I like very much.
Okay, between dinner and laundry tonight, this post has taken a few hours to create.....
But it's a post.....
Three weeks of school left w/ students.....
Wow, so much to do......
Wow, I know it will pass quickly.....
I will try not to keep you waiting for the next update......
TRY! :o)
Melle





3 comments:
WOW! A smashing mini film of McKenna getting her McKenna American Girl Doll! That would make the company proud! You should share with them --the delight on her face is so REAL! (and true!)
So now I'm waiting, holding my breath to see the YEARBOOK myself! Hope I get a peek next Sat. when we celebrate my day! Your official day is Sunday. All to yourself.
Enjoyed the adorable owls & owlets, all that time and thought and talent into gifies that I hope the teacher's appreciate.
That camera idea is a winner! Thanks for sharing all the places for your inspirations and hope that others profit from the blooming experiences you are sharing.
I am simply overwhelmed with your growth, your outpouring of creative ideas --wonderful!!!
Love,
Y.M.
The idea of the video view finder was great.
Loved the video of the "McKenna" doll with McKenna.
Great gifts ideas for the teachers!
Love owls.
Camera ideas was amazing!
Always enjoy your blog!
Awesome ideas all the time.
Love,
GramG
Don't forget to photograph the teacher's happy faces when they get their yearbooks on Thursday!
Not to mention the kids & parents --if you get a chance!
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment