I know, I know.
It's not that I didn't want to post, I just didn't know where to start.....
Well, besides working on scanning and documenting family photos, the other thing that was consuming all of my free time away from blogging was me playing with paper and paint in the "studio"...(which is the garage space that has been temperarily reclaimed by Scott with his renewed interest in his model trains....this of which I am not disappointed at all; it keeps him home more; something I understand a little and that we can conversate about; and he's gotten Andrea involved in painting background scenary on the wall.....which has also temperarily consumed my creative space.....of which I'm not disappointed at all.....did I say that....and you shouldn't be either....see, it allows this time for catching up via these blog posts....while they are only temperarily in my space.............)
Sorry.
I digrese.
Okay, where was I?
Aw yes, through Pinterest I'm sure, I came across an artist who was painting in a style in which I like
and then I discovered she has posted many how to videos on YouTube. So I watched. and watched. and watched again when I ran out, I signed up for her online acrylic class. Her name is Karrie Evenson and if you click this link, it will take you to the page on her website where she has her artwork for sale (point: it's a super place to see her work).
So, I played:
Karrie does adorable cats and dogs. I have a long way to go, but since this was my first...I'll keep it and won't paint over it.....for now :o)
first, this.....
then this....
got to here.....
then finished here....
I don't think this one is done yet....but I'm not sure what else to add....
Well, the weather is beautiful today, I think I can even open the garage doors for a little while, Scott and Andrea are too sick with chest colds to be in my creative space and after this post I'm feeling a little inspired to go paint!
(Incidentally, I'm also found with some extra free time I wasn't planning on. Scott and I were planning to leave on a two day trip to a very fancy bed and breakfast in St. Augustine to celebrate our 20th, but as I mentioned, he is sick as a dog! I'm lucky too, because he is not one of the needy sick types...in fact, it's better I stay out of his way....I feel terrible that he is so sick....in fact, I'm sure I'll get it before it's all said and done....but for now...perhaps I'll go paint!)
I'll keep you posted.
Melle :o)






1 comment:
Wonderful post! Thanks so much for doing it. I love the new directions you're taking.
I am so very sad that you and Scott can't celebrate your 20th this night & tomorrow, but soon, when y'all are WELL, you can.
Proud of Andrea for working on her father's mural background for the train. It looks great so far!
Hope she'll be okay to finish up at the Appleton. That is SOME awful bug they both have.
Love,
y.M. (and the flowers look almost done to me..but some butterflies or ? in the skies? Blackbirds?
Post a Comment