Sunday, April 7, 2013

Summing up Spring Break 2013 and then some....

Even though we were sick this week and I didn't get to check off as many items from my "to do list", all in all, I feel good about the things I got accomplished. For one, a blog update is probably pretty shocking.
Hello, hello, anybody out there? {insert cricket chirps here}
Well if you are here, thank you, and I'll try to keep it informative if not a little entertaining!

One of the perks to being away from blogging and slideshow making at Animoto.com is the nice surprise of some new designs to the websites when I returned. So, so happy with this little new addition to Animoto -
enjoy....





I didn't want to leave McKenna out so I created this slideshow for her :o)
I didn't get to go on her 5th grade field trip to Animal Kingdom, but her chaperone, a professional photographer was almost the next best thing!



Now, getting sick, I might mention started with Andrea cutting her upper lip which resulted in 3 stitches (the first ever in my lifetime). About the time she was doing that, Daddy was down for the count with a stomach virus........and we all know what happens when one brings home "the virus". Andrea got it next and finally me. Thank goodness, looks like it skipped McKenna - whew! However, the fact that Andrea was so sick also kept her from finishing the tennis season. Which was really too bad. She was having a really good time and made the newspaper more than she has in the 9 years since we've been here!


But, I started to mention that I still managed to get some things accomplished.....two goals: one - plan Andrea's graduation party/announcements, etc. and two - fill out the financial aide paperwork......whew! Check.
Best of all, I did manage to put some paint to paper. Although it only in a journal and only watercolor, but it helps to put me in my "happy place". I find it relaxing and portable. I've got my supplies down to one little bag which worked out great while stuck in bed!
(Sorry for another animoto video....I got a little carried away.)
{**all the following drawings were inspired by other artists who have posted to Pinterest - none of these are ideas of my own**}



 never explained my absence from blogging.....
well, really, it was this year's yearbook. Even though I made several "creative compromises" near the end, I'm still happy with what I submitted. It truly was a labor or love because this one about put me under.
It was a western theme this year, which was a lot of fun but the website didn't have any pages that matched our theme. So, out of our 114 page book, I designed....well, about....110 of 'em!! Again, I want to stress how much I do really enjoy doing it, but "it" doesn't pay the bills and I really needed to focus on the job that does!!

The books arrive the 2nd week of May....the response from the students, parents and staff are always the true test.  In the meantime, imagine my shock when the wonderful gals I work with pulled together and surprised me (I mean, REALLY surprised me) with a beautiful necklace for all of my yearbook efforts.
Suddenly, things were "all better" after that. :o)

Alrighty then, it's Sunday night, just a little while before bedtime and work in the morning. Posting at this time was the usual routine. I'll try to stick with it and post next Sunday. I mean, don't stay here and wait for it, {cricket chirp, cricket chirp}, but there is always hope.

Love to all.
nite, nite.
Melle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply wonderful --so long in coming, but you made up for that --plus the Yearbook is DONE!! And this is your last time for it, thankfully.

What lovely girls --great photos/slide shows!

Love,
Y.M.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful videos. Of course, the subjects of the first two are outstanding and amazing.

Thanks for them, they were wonderful.

Maybe some more time for you now that the yearbook is done.

Love,
Grandma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails