Today.
Today we moved our oldest back to college for her last semester.
And, I've been reflecting about our move-in day experiences...
Year one, we had a lot of stuff, a smaller space, a bunch of roommates and not pictured, a large move-in crew that we were very grateful for: mommy, daddy, sissy, grandma, grandpa, Aunt Lisa, Uncle John & Aunt Debbie. :o)
Year two, we left the TV at home, had only one roommate and still a tiny space:
Move-in crew, a little smaller, but very helpful indeed (we also learned to bring a hand cart)!
Year three, still one roommate, yay, and a great corner room!
Year four, still the same roommate and they got to keep the same room!
And today, her last semester, 3 classes away, graduation in December with a BA in Fine Arts, this girl is just about ready and I'm so looking forward to what she will share with this world!
![]() |
| She packed less and took a smaller moving crew - experience has taught us a lot! |
Postscript: Side note
I always felt that part of the charm of attending Flagler College in Saint Augustine, was the fact that Flagler College is originally a historic hotel. Their dorm rooms were all unique and were rich with character.
For Pete's sake, it looks just like Hogwarts!
And her classes were only minutes away and they ate in a dining hall with stained glass windows that were created by Louis Tiffany himself.
However, I do admit, the halls had a unique "smell" about them, mice would nibble on any apples you had lying around, the carpets were disgusting and the furniture was ancient (and I don't mean the cool "antique ancient" but circa 1998 Wal-mart press board ancient). So, when we learned that her last semester would be spent living in the newly built Abare Hall, I felt, well, no character, but she certainly had paid her dues and deserved a nice place.
So, "newly built"?!!? When she moved in today, we got to take all the tags and tape off of all the new appliances! No carpet, beautiful faux wood floors, industrial design complete with subway tile in the kitchenette! The trade off? Walking to class.....across campus...I suppose it's fair.
She's on the third floor and has a beautiful view for inspiration!
(Oh, and the fire station is next door and the police department on the corner - lol!)
........
(Oh, and I just found out tonight, that her floor is co-ed.)
Pray for me.






No comments:
Post a Comment