Happy Labor Day everyone! It's a good thing, 'cause I still haven't completed lesson plans....
I have on the other hand, created a title with my new Cricut machine for a new mini-book I want to do.
McKenna has also been productive this weekend. She has her first ever science project to do and she's already finished with the diorama. She has 3 weeks to get it done. Thank goodness she hasn't inherited my procrastination gene like Andrea has. Each tiger even has it's own meal. I can't help but think she must of gotten her appreciation for tigers from her Aunt Sue and from Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, FL.
This past week, Andrea had her very first high school swim meet. The Villages competed against Mount Dora and Umatilla. I am proud to report, that VHS kicked butt! And I found out, I have a lot to learn about being a sports photographer. I have no action photos, but I do have this cute shot of Andrea and her friend Caitlin.
At the very last minute, I thought how cool it would be to post Andrea's swim debut in video. So I switched to my handy point-n-shoot Kodak, only to realize when I got home that it didn't work - argh! Good thing we have another meet next week. Hopefully I'll have more to show you then.Here's a picture the school took of the team for an upcoming football program:
And before I close for tonight, I can't help but share two really cool things that happened to me Saturday. I'm sure my words won't be able to describe how I felt, but I am grateful.
First, I received one of those letters from a former student that we teachers always hope for, at least once in our career. He said, he is "truly thankful and blessed for having me for a teacher". OMG - isn't that just so cool?! I am the one who was blessed.
And second, I found myself in church this Saturday, with 3 very special friends. Friends who have touched my life in different ways, yet Saturday found us all together, listening to Amazing Grace. I was so moved by my blessings; so moved by my gifts from God.
Best wishes everyone!
Until next weekend.....Melle
No comments:
Post a Comment