Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm so sorry this post is late...I was off to a pretty good start, updating every Sunday night, but I am here to admit, that our second week back to school was a little bit tougher than the first week.
Monday started w/ McKenna's Open House - we made it home by 8:00;
Tuesday was Andrea's Open House where we rotated through her schedule every 10 min. That took 2 hrs plus the additional 20 minute wait for a terrible rainstorm to pass - we made it home by 9:10 and everyone tucked in bed by 9:30.
Wednesday was my Open House (fortunately Scott picked up the girls) and I made it home by 8:30.
Andrea actually had to lift weights in PE class on Monday and by Tuesday was EXTREMELY sore, making swim practice almost impossible.
While at practice on Wednesday, Andrea was stung on the underarm by a bee. OMG, 48 hrs. later her arm was so red, so swollen, so painful and still, so itchy. I couldn't believe the week she was having.
McKenna and I both caught the back to school colds........

Now as we begin week 3, summer already seems but a distant memory......169 school days left until summer vacation!

On a brighter note, tomorrow is the first day of September; my birthday month, yippee! And look at that - a 3 day weekend coming up!

Also, this week is Andrea's first ever swim meet. She will have one every week from now until the end of October. Sometimes they are on tuesdays and sometimes on thursdays. If you ever want to come, just let me know and I'll fill you in on what time, otherwise, don't worry, I'll keep you posted :o)

I forgot to share what kept me from posting last night.....I was busy trying to finish this for McKenna's classroom teacher. (you know, when you have a student whose parent is the art teacher.....you can guess from there) Of course, I don't mind helping in any way I can :o)
It doesn't matter what this is (a sign w/ the class theme), I just wanted to share that these red stripes were a little harder than I thought to do!
It was a special treat that I got to work on this in my studio!
Love to all,
and hopefully, check back sunday :o)
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails