As I sit here with only a few hours left of my summer vacation, I can't complain or feel sorry. I truly am grateful for all I accomplished, for the things we did and the friends I got to be with.
Tonight all the new uniform tops and bottoms are purchased and washed;
all the school supplies are purchased and sorted for either me or their teacher;
car is washed and vacuumed 'cause it may not see a sponge again for another 6 months;
most closets have been cleaned;
most bedrooms have been cleaned;
Andrea's room has been painted;
some teacher gifts are made;
I learned a little more about my photo editing software;
I scrapbooked some;
I walked some;
I swam some;
I laughed a lot;
I met Tim Holtz;
I almost climbed a lighthouse;
Witnessed my child seeing the ocean for the first time;
I witnessed a caterpillar turning into a chrysalis;
My faith was strengthened;
I ate popcorn at the movies, both indoors and outdoors;
I fondued;
and thanks to the help of my family, I made a creative space for me in the garage.
Chances are, if you are reading this, you had a hand in these great memories this summer, and I thank you so much.
I'm always a little excited and scared at the start of a new school year. It is so wonderful to see the children again and yet, I'm a little overwhelmed by the importance of this job.
Teaching and motherhood
the two most important professions on this planet, how blessed I am to do both.
Love to all,
Melle
1 comment:
I think the people who come into your life are the blessed ones. We are all ready for school too, except we don't have the supply list, although they said we would get that Thursday at orientation. Bre is really nervous to be the "new" kid, but I have been to the High School twice and feel good about the choice. Hopefully we will run into Andrea at some point, is she going to the mixer thing on Friday??? Good luck with the new year. And I am glad I got to spend a little bit of time with you this summer:)
Post a Comment