Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Vacation = abundant blessings!

Hello my faithful readers! I'm sorry I didn't blog this past Sunday but I have been totally submersed in the freedom to sleep in, to craft and to cross a few things off of my "to do" list since Friday. I am so grateful the girls and I don't have school this week. We call it "Fall Break" and I need to give our calendar committee a great big smooch 'cause I am lovin' it!

One of the many lessons I gained from Heidi Swapp's visit last weekend was this concept of
"energy in and energy out". It's not anything that we really don't know about ourselves and our lives, but her story and analogy just helped make it so understandable for me. Think of your energy as if it were money. We need money - energy in - and we also spend money - energy out...
It is important to do things that give you energy. And today, although I had to "spend" a lot, ch-ching, I am reaping the rewards of my effort. (deep breath.....mmmm, energy in......)

I know, I know, it is a little early, but the girls helped me clean house and set up all of the holiday decorations in the house...yes, that does include the tree, but looking back (in the blog) to last year, I didn't get to do it until the Sunday night before we went back to school and that was just too stressful. Remember, it is my goal to be ready for the holidays by December 1st! :o)

It has become tradition that Andrea holds McKenna to place the angel a top of the tree....I wonder how many more years she'll be able to do that? :o)

It has also become tradition that Scott puts together the Disney Monorail under our tree.

I'm sorry the photo is a little blurry, but I liked this better w/o a flash.

I have also ordered and picked up at Walgreens our holiday photo cards and have addressed about 20 envelopes. (deep breath....energy in....) I am really happy w/ them and can't wait to send them to you!

Lots of energy in yesterday. The girls washed and vacuumed my car in hopes of earning as much money as possible before our Black Friday shopping trip this Friday. (They also washed and vacuumed Nana's car!) While she was over, Nana got to finish a few gifts that she says I helped inspire her to try - how cool! But I can't take all the credit. That inspiration came from Tim Holtz.

While my mom worked on those, I got to work on not one, but two mini-albums I've been wanting to do. The first is one called "Thank God Crazy Dreams Come True". I've shared the front cover of that one before, now the pages are in and waiting for photos. (.....energy in!) The second book I worked on is my "December Daily" inspired by my other favorite designer Ali Edwards. The embellishments aren't in yet, but the pages are and I've even started to document our holiday activities.....yep, energy in.......

What I haven't planned well for is groceries.....I'll be off to Wal-Mart tomorrow (day before Thanksgiving) to shop for groceries.......lots of energy OUT! However, I plan to go as early as possible. Later that day, I am planning to renew some "savings" and Andrea and I will go to the movies. I love going to the movies. I love escaping reality for two hours and pigging out on popcorn. Yes, we plan to see New Moon. It is all the rage with teen-age girls these days (and even some "not so teen-age girls" :o) . I'm just grateful to have some time with Andrea and to relax.

Okay, I know tonight's entry was a little long, but I know you've been waiting for an update!

May your blessing be many and your memories grand - Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
All my love,
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails