Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving week in review....

When I last posted, I shared :
Monday, my mom and I crafted;
Tuesday, we put up the Christmas tree;
and Wednesday, Andrea and I went to see"New Moon". It is all the craze among the girls these days, young and old...although, I must be way old, I do admit, IF I were 15, I'd totally be "Team Jacob" right there with Andrea, yep, all over that!

Andrea's shirt says "Bite Me"

Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, was very nice.
The girls were troopers and got up early with me to help make the traditional bread in the bread machine and help make the pumpkin pie that they never eat.


Grandma Gail and Grandpa Charlie have returned to their tradition of visiting the casinos in Biloxi, Mississippi during this holiday and Scott was working, but my mom and her husband Bruce came over and I enjoyed that very much.

Friday, meant a tradition going back to when I was about 15. Each year, my friend Pam and I go holiday shopping with her mom and her aunt. As time as gone by, Aunt Brenda's daughter Holly joined us and then Pam's daughter Katlynn and my Andrea and then just last year, McKenna joined our gang. Tradition is we pick a different mall each year. This year was the Altamonte Mall, and this year, I finally handed the camera to some stranger and asked if they would take a picture of all of us!
From left to right: McKenna, (age 7 almost 8!), Pam's Aunt Brenda, Pam (one of my very best friends, we've been through it all since the 9th grade), Pam's mom Ellen, Me, Andrea (age 15), Pam's daughter Katlynn (15) and Brenda's daughter Holly.

We use to call this "the day after Thanksgiving shopping", but that was a mouthful. Fortunately a few years ago, the term "Black Friday" has been used to describe that day. "Black" referring to the one day of year that retailers hope they will be operating "in the black" again, instead of the red.

Now that McKenna is with us, it wouldn't be shopping at the mall without doing some damage at Build-a-Bear workshop!

And a visit with Santa.

I thought McKenna might talk with Santa about the American Girl doll she wrote him about 2 months ago, or I thought she might talk about her most recent wish for a doll house, but when I asked her, "what did you ask Santa for", she said, "a cell phone"! OMG! LOL!

And finally, it wouldn't have been Thanksgiving break without the traditional Florida/Florida State football game on Saturday.
Daddy's friend Tom and his wife Melanie are HUGE Gator fans, and although out numbered, I was proud to know that daddy and McKenna wore the right colors to the party.


The Seminoles lost by the way, but you can't accuse Scott of being a "fair-weather fan"!

And then this week, I've just finished delivering the last of the holiday bag orders to my co-workers. I stamped 129 bags and tags. Here's what my work space looked like after I was done.

The photo of the floor doesn't do it justice (which is probably a good thing), but I usually do keep these new carpet squares clean as a whistle....not tonight.

I'm off to bed.
Next post, McKenna's 8th birthday!

Peace,
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails