Finally a breakthrough in what I've been crafting!
and FINALLY a blog update! :o)
First of all, Happy Easter everyone! It was such a pretty day yesterday and I am so glad I handed my camera to someone else and allowed them to snap a photo with me in it! I am so blessed!(Andrea 15 and McKenna 8)
Second, my apologies in taking so long to post. Those few days just before break were busy, busy, however, primary objective - achieved! My student artshow was up BEFORE I left for break! In fact, in my haste to leave, I forgot to take a photo of the completed event. (I still will once I get back to school.) I did take this one of a new addition to the show - Grandma's Feather Bed (one of my favorite childhood songs by John Denver). thanks y.m.!!
Also, just before break, I whipped up some gift bags for McKenna's teachers filled w/ jelly beans - not my best, but I've really been struggling for creative ideas....
Okay, so speaking of "creative block", for months and months now, I've been struggling. I've learned techniques from Tim Holtz, love his inking and destressing; I've learned techniques from Donna Downey, love her watercolor. I've struggled with whether to do digital layouts or should I create traditional layouts? I've struggled with cutesy cards for a 3 year old's invitations vs. artsy....many of you have witnessed this......
Well, I don't know if it's really a true breakthrough, but finally, finally, tonight I managed to put down on canvas what has been swirling in my head. I've wanted to create something using techniques from both Tim and Donna, but I've wanted to use my photos.......
It started with this
These were flowers my students drew and painted. I just loved the colors.
Liking the watercolor technique in the background and the embellishments in the foreground, I continued with that for the following two pictures. The girls' photos were also printed on canvas. (a new product I found and was hoping I could print on it)
I wish you could see these in person, cause the fact that they are made out of canvas is my favorite part. Any who....McKenna is very pleased with hers, and that's the ultimate reward.
Night all.
I'll try not to be so long between the next posts......I'm off to a craft store tomorrow for more canvas! Here's hoping!
Melle
1 comment:
Fantasic work! combining what you have learned from those you admire, and letting it percolate until you find what you wanted to say/do/create! It takes patience, drive and determination.
I am in awe!
Y.M.
Post a Comment