The Morgan Hill Bookstore has a sweet little autographed collection of Tomie's books all for sale. The children's library has an even bigger collection of his books, including a whole glass cabinet filled with hundreds of books from early in his career to several in foreign languages. So incredibly amazing!!!!
Of course I didn't, but the photos I left with, almost made up for it :o). There were beautiful gardens everywhere. These four were all taken from behind a restaurant we had lunch at. It was pretty amazing, it rained during lunch, cleared up to a tiny drizzle, until I brought my camera out and then it cleared up completely. It was beautiful.



Plenty more to work with when I get home - woohoo!!I did purchase 3 of my favorite Tomie books:
The Art Lesson (of course)
The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush
and The Legend of the Bluebonnet
Could of bought lots, lots, more, but I know these will serve us well in the classroom as well as fulfill a special place in my heart because so many moments in the stories remind me of my own childhood.
Love to all and sweet dreams,
Melle
1 comment:
Don't forget to make some of your "goals" in red now, like visits to Tomie's and Eric's book stores/galleries and sailing --not only sailing but doing it yourself!
and there are other things you didn't dream you'd get to experience but the best were the photo ops! And of course, sharing it with moi.
Y.M.
Post a Comment