Monday, May 16, 2011

Things are lookin' up.....

Well, you know it's been a recent philosophy of mine; it is difficult to appreciate the good without goin' through a little bad.....
So if the last week I posted about was Heavenly, you can fill in the blanks and know that I mean the week I just finished was He--!
As mentioned, the yearbooks had arrived and all in all, their arrival (and box opening) wasn't as stomach wrenching as I thought it would be......however, the delivering and distribution of 500+ yearbooks was. For the sake of this post, it doesn't matter why (although I will keep good notes to myself and make major improvements for next year).
Wednesday was to be the day books were delivered to teachers and Thursday the books would go home with students.
Well, Wicked Wednesday was wicked because our school sprayed some pesticide for snakes!!
It's not the snakes that upset me; it was the PESTICIDE. Oh my word, the smell was so very strong. It was so very strong in our special area building! I had a headache w/in about 10 minutes and the kids were beginning to have reactions; nose bleed, difficulty breathing and dizziness......
Well, of course we went outside......but.......but......I only had 3 lessons left with these students......I was hellbent on watercolor painting......move a class of students suddenly outside.....outside and do what......well, lots of creative things......but not watercolor painting......not spur of the moment anyway.......
Anyway, I managed with pencils and paper and we "sketched" for about 30 seconds and then it was "Mrs. Broaderick, I need my pencil sharpened." "Mrs. Broaderick, I have to pee." "Mrs. Broaderick, save me I have a spider on my paper" (a spider that took a microscope to see).......we then moved on to sidewalk chalk drawing and that engaged them for about 60 seconds more.....my classes are an hour long.........

It was a rough morning.

Then, my precious planning time on Wednesday was meant for moving yearbooks from my Primary building to the Intermediate building only I hadn't been in my room during the morning to arrange for custodial help.......

You can see how this was going......

Well, books got to the Intermediate center that day and they got delivered to the teachers.....once with teachers.....well, that was another circus.....again, for the sake of this post I won't explain here.....but oh the notes I will write to myself for next year.......I was in my toxic classroom until almost 6pm taking care of "yearbook issues" and then I finally went home......I even wanted a beer with dinner but was paranoid of the adverse effects the alcohol might have with the pesticide chemicals that were in my system.....crazy I know......but it was a traumatic day.

Well, the title of this post did say, "things were lookin' up" and they were, finally, by the weekend. I never slept very well the rest of that week, so I really was grateful to sleep in Saturday. I also played in the studio and went to the movies.....you know how I love to escape at the movies.......
Lookin' up even more, I had time to work in the studio again on Sunday and worked on one more page in my Inspiration Journal. Scott and I also went to the movies again, this time for a spontaneous "date night".

Can't remember if I've mentioned Christy Tomlinson's blog that I came across but I so enjoy her "style" and her latest post inspired me on my Saturday morning.

(sorry for the color quality.....I took them on my cell phone......)

I've got a few other ideas in my head.....perhaps they will be the art on the front of note cards? Not sure, doesn't really matter for now, I just got to play and it was wonderful.

Love you much!
Melle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your yearbooks are great!

I know it took a lot of time and energy, great job. Kudos to you.

Sorry about the pesticides, I totally understand how it affects your sinus.

As always, you persevered and got through it like a champion.

Hope these next few weeks will be stress free.

Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

I totally thought you'd not be posting all this you've related! It was nightmarish! So, though I checked once to see if you'd posted again, it wasn't yet updated.

Well, here's to almost end of year, and hope you get to make a suggestion about NOT spraying during school week to Those In Charge!

I know what you're doing after school and tomorrow -- have a SUPER TIME and share all on Sunday!

Much love,

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails