You know they are my favorite day of the week.
But it's not until I'm back to work those first few weeks that I really appreciate them.
The first week back was a little rocky, the first weekend "off" wasn't much better. This past week had it's "bumps", but after being in my classroom for 12 days in a row, I was ready for this Saturday. (So were the mounds of dirty clothes in the laundry room....)
I posted on Facebook that I had one thing on my "to do list".....I never really have one thing on my "to do list", but I liked the way that sounded.....and it was to paint.
I've discovered that I play with paint because it helps me feel better.
I share my paintings cuz' I like to see the "from here to there", but not because I think they are good.
When I share my photography, I hope people think they are "good",
but I share paintings because they were fun to do.....
Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest:
Painting style inspired by artist Karrie Evenson (her blog link is listed on the right)
I call it, "the girls"
Doodling and stamping inspired by artist Christy Tomlinson, (her blog is listed on the right too).
I was getting ready to work on this owl that I started weeks ago, and found it interesting how I use my Nook for a resource of inspiration and thought how it was a sign of the times.....
before.....
after.... :o)
I took the above photos on my cell phone because it was handy, while downloading those I found a few more pics I meant to share:
McKenna officially has glasses now,
and of course they include her signature color of green!
And then, I found this photo,
I don't like to include photos of me, but I took this on the first day of school 2012....I don't know why we all were looking the same direction, but I thought it was an okay photo.....yes, I edited the teeth. I wish they were really that white (for all of us) but this is a whole lot cheaper!
Night, night ya'll, wayyyyyy past my bedtime.
Love,
Melle











2 comments:
GORGEOUS GIRLS!! Who cares if you edited the white teeth part!!
And love your approaches to experiments with owls and kitties and next you'll need to do the beautiful pea green boat as the poem goes...!
Have a splendid week! it was such fun to share another Sunday Mimi's lunch with you and the girls.
love, Y.M.
I think Picaso would be jealous of your paintings.
It is good you get to paint and relax.
Photo of beautiful Broaderick women if awesome.
Hope your week is stressless.
Love,
Gramg
Post a Comment