Sunday, January 6, 2013

The next BIG project....

Well, at work the New Year brings of course the yearbook and student art show deadlines for my "next big project".......
But personally, now with kid birthdays and the holidays behind us....what's next?
Here's a clue....
A certain young lady will be graduating from high school in only 5 months!
I just can't believe it.
and....
Well, I wrote my first check towards her college tuition today:

I LOVE Flagler College and am so excited about the possibilities that lay ahead for Andrea!
This picture from Google doesn't do it justice (I'll have to take some :o)), but this is the view just as you walk into the courtyard. It so reminds us of Hogwarts. McKenna likes to say "you can almost see Harry & Ron running by the balcony because they are late for class".
Originally the building was built in 1888 and was the Ponce deLeon Hotel built by the millionaire and co-founder of Standard Oil, Henry M. Flagler. Another tidbit: it was wired for electricity from the onset, supplied by Flagler's friend Thomas Edison himself!
This is a picture of the dining hall where all Freshman are required to live on campus and all Freshman are required to have a meal plan. From a mommy's point of view, that's alright by me!
This is a photo of one of the staircases that leads to the girl's dorms. (So like Hogwarts!) The girl's dorm rooms are on the inside. The boys dorms are a completely separate building. (also alright with this momma)

Stay turned everyone....it's gonna be a bumpy ride!  (Also from Harry Potter {wink, wink})
Love,
Melle




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog.

Andrea's graduation will be here before we know it. It will be an exciting time.

Maybe Andrea will become a wizard of art!!!

Thanks for the info, it was great.

Love,
Grandma G

Anonymous said...

I got the flu or would have commented. Glad you didn't "desert" your bloggie!
Love this update. It does, however, sound like you are all sold on Flagler because of J.J. Rowling --in a vague, Hogwartsian sort of way. LOL

Just kidding you. I loved what Gail said, "(maybe) Andrea will become a wizard of art"!!


Love,
Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails