The blessings of a new year include a clean slate:
Here I can here Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables saying, "Each day is a new beginning, with no mistakes in it."
And, you can leave your past behind you:
Here I can here Rafiki saying, "Yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it....or learn from it.....so what are ya gonna do?"
.....I hope, learn from it!
Happy New Year everyone! For those of you who know me well, I do don't New Year's eve, day, week, very well....I'm not sure why. I think I'm always sad to see the old year go and I'm scared to death of what the new year brings! I always feel badly about the things I didn't get done and I dread the list of things I still have left to do. See, now you know why I'm such a basket case! :o)
Okay, well, then, "learn from it", my mistakes of last year: I didn't blog as much - poor time management? Probably. Internet surfing - yes, for sure; sucked into what I like to call the Pinterest vortex. (A blog post coming about that for sure in the near future.) But, I've put on my "big girl panties" and I'm ready to try this again.
Let's start with a little video of our Christmas.
Another mistake, I didn't take very many pictures, so I had to improvise with this slideshow. When I was all done, it still made me cry, so I think I still managed to record what was important. Enjoy:
For the daughter who likes to cook and bake, but still only eats five things in her diet,
she got a Kitchen Aid from Santa! This was totally inspired by Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Women.
For the daughter who is now a college student,
she finally got a real, bonafind, updated, working laptop!
For his Man Cave, Scott got beer...
and a cute little fridge to keep it in!
I got clothes, purses, slippers and jewelry....and then, just a little something....
to decorate my walls with!!! Yes, that's a Thomas Kincade print of my favorite Disney movie of all time!!
(OMG, I can't believe I just posted this picture of me - eek!)
There are a few more changes to make to this here blog for the new year that I'm still working on. One change is the tabs at the top, I've added two new ones and condensed some others. One is 50 @ 50, click on it to see what that is about. And then, the "My two cents" tab which will include bits and tidbits of things I find on the internet (since I spend so much time there) that some of you may find helpful from time to time.
Okay, well then, another mistake I make, all the time, is procrastination....and letting my kids sleep in too long while on break.....SO, here's to starting the new year off right - I better go wake up those girls and start putting the holiday decorations away......
.....right after one more cup of Earl Grey.....
I'm on break too, you know!
Love, Melle :o)




No comments:
Post a Comment