I brag a little today, only because I'm in awe.
Awe: "an overwhelming feeling of admiration".
Yes, "awe" is the right word.
School, lessons, studying, test taking, grades.....all of it was very difficult for me through my public school years. Who knows, maybe that's part of the reason my 4 year college degree actually to me 10....
How ironic, that I became a teacher. Or perhaps that was His plan all along. Hopefully, those struggles help me be a better teacher.
But I digress. This wasn't going to be about, me the teacher....
It was going to be about me, the parent.
I know this is only a small link in their large academic future, but I am thrilled to share that, McKenna finished another school year with "ALL "A's".....
AND Andrea finished her first year of college with almost all A's, only one B her first semester. Ultimately making the Dean's List the second semester!
My grandfather liked to tell a story about me when once he was so proud, "he burst a button" right off of his shirt....Me too Gramp; I'm so proud of these girls I could "burst a button"!
Thanks for checking.
Melle :)
1 comment:
Major congratulations to your girls! They earned it, and make y'all PROUD, as you say - enough to burst a button!
love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment