Sunday, June 28, 2009

The cleaning, purging and sneezing update....

Hello readers!
I just can't believe the avalanche I started when all I wanted was a few carpet squares glued down to the garage floor.

I have to say that Scott has really stuck in there with me and I know myself well enough to know, that if it weren't for his help, we would never have gotten this far. Thank you Honey!

I'm afraid I won't share, or can't share pictures of The Studio yet, but soon, very soon....
Let me just tell you how this went, see if you can follow this:
After Scott admitted he liked the carpet squares, he said "let's move my train board from the garage to the computer room".
Now the computer room is the "man room" cause it also holds his Xbox, chess sets and trains.
The computer, printer, scanner, etc were moved into the dining area, where one would have a chine cabinet, only we don't have fine china!
The desk that was in the bay window (which I always hated A bay window should be open if it doesn't have a window seat) has been moved to McKenna's room to hold her computer and TV.
The coffee table that was holding her computer and TV was moved out to the studio under my new bench which creates another shelf.
(For those of you familiar with the "Give A Mouse A Cookie" books, this may sound a little familiar!)
Now what happened yesterday, was totally not planned. Well, it was planned, but was suppose to take place later down the list of things to do - like AFTER my studio was done.

Right here is where I would post a "before" picture of McKenna's bedroom, but I didn't think to do that. Just imagine everything she owns, plus about 4 bags of trash, a box full of books and another box full of stuffed animals all over her floor and surfaces in her bedroom. Yesterday, she and I cleaned and cleaned....and cleaned! AND just when we were about done, I said......"Let's move the bed"! Yep, I rearranged her bedroom. Could I move one more piece of furniture in this house!!!!????
Here are the results though....we'll pick up a Littlest Pet Shop bedspread this week :0)
The next few days are filled with fun things to do with friends and family. I hope to spend every free moment finishing the studio. It is my goal to actually work in there before I get back to work in August.
Goodwill would take all my blank cassette tapes; teacher friends are taking my school stuff and I just can't find anyone to take the broken electronics (a TV, a VCR and a computer monitor). If anyone can help, I'd be ever so grateful.

Love to all!!!!!!
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails