Thursday, July 2, 2009

Eyes Wide Open

To many of you I've mentioned that I really don't care to blog when I don't have a photo to include and I try hard not to blog on and on about personal feelings, but today.....I just have to share a quick one.
My eyes were opened today. I can't imagine I'll forget it for a long time.
As many of you know, my girls swim every summer at Perry's Swim School, as did their daddy and uncle when they were little. Now, I've never cared for the water. In fact, I'd say close to a fear of it really. I just didn't want that for my children. Perry's has a long history here in Ocala and I imagine the number of children they have taught how to swim is almost unmeasurable. It's amazing really.

This summer, McKenna swims twice a week and Andrea is swimming almost every morning for an hour helping her get ready for the high school swim team. Now I'm not exactly sure how this transpired, but I returnd one morning to learn that while I had left early the day before it was decided that Ms. Perry will have a swim class for the moms. Not really excited by this idea, but I did think to myself, "okay, I can do this, after all, I've been walking every day this summer...."
Well, let me tell you that I was close to DEATH this morning!
Oh my gosh, it was the hardest thing I've ever done and if there is anyone who thinks that swimming is an easy sport, I dare you to try a 1/2 hour class with Ms. Perry in her pool!
I cannot believe that my McKenna at 7, swims the length of that ginormous pool!
I cannot believe that Andrea, at 14, swims almost 60 laps every morning!

As I walked back to my car this morning, after the lesson, still trying to keep from tossing my cookies, the last thing I hear (probably from one of those younger moms) was "we're doing it again on Monday". I shock my fist in the air like "you bettcha", but what I was really thinking is "yeah, right"!

Thought you'd enjoy,
best wishes,
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails