Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall is in the air

Well, if I have to accept that summer is over, at least I have the blessings of fall waiting for me.
We had our first cool down this week. Since Wednesday we've had what I like to call "a Boulder Day". Lucky for me, my summers were spent in my birthplace of Boulder, Colorado and to me, the weather was ALWAYS perfect. (Note I didn't spend winters there.) It would be cool in the morning and warm up to a comfortable 78 by midday. The sky was a gorgeous blue and not a cloud for miles.
Another sign of fall in our front yard (since our leaves don't turn) is our "yellow rain tree".

I don't know if that is it's official name, but "rain" yellow it sure does. I couldn't seem to capture that on film. It leaves these beautiful tiny yellow buds all over our driveway and coats our cars by morning. In turn, those little buds get tracked into the house. So we endure the inconvenience for about two weeks, in exchange for the beauty and comfort of knowing our family favorite season is just around the corner. An added bonus, once these buds fall off, they leave behind beautiful rose colored buds for us to enjoy for a few more weeks.

More signs of our blessings around here this week are ones of love and friendship.
While at church just a few weeks ago, McKenna actually won a Wii gaming system, however, she and her sister already had one that was from Santa last year. She was happy to give it to a friend. Everyone left church that evening happy and feeling great. Well, imagine our surprise when a gift certificate arrived in the mail about a week later for McKenna to pick out her very first American Girl Doll. It was a thank you gift from the friend she shared the Wii with. Talk about kindness! It took a weekend to decide if she wanted Molly or Kit or Ruthie. In the end, she chose a "Just Like Me" doll. It arrived this week:

She loves it. :o)
And I love the friend who gave it to her.

Andrea's team remain undefeated, but the boys did lose their first meet this past week. We face Forest High School (my high school rivalry) this week. I'm pretty nervous about that match. I'll keep you posted.

I want to wish the very best of luck to two of the most deserving, creative and dynamic people I know......Stephanie and Yvonne who open SHE Scrapbooks this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and so happy for ME!

Best wishes everyone.
Love,
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails