I can't believe more than 10 days have already passed since my last post. So often I've thought of what to add, but just couldn't catch a minute long enough to do so. Over the course of the past several days I have made a few "discoveries", or moments of enlightenment.
(not necessarily listed in any particular order)
1. I have discovered that I no longer like cold temperatures. I've learned that I will be whiny and grumpy on any day below 70 degrees. (Especially if it is going to be cold when I have car duty.)
2. When I returned from my scrapbook retreat last weekend, I discovered that apparently my children will live in home where food and trash have been left out all over the place.
3. I discovered that I need to do a better job of teaching my children how to keep house.
4. I discovered that I also need to teach my children how to use the vacuum cleaner.
5. I discovered that I will need to teach my children indicators of when to run said vacuum cleaner.
6. Now that I have my own creative space, I discovered that it is much harder for me to get into my "creative mojo" while at a retreat.
7. I discovered that the primary rewards of attending a scrapbook retreat are the time with friends, the belly laughs and giggles and the chocolate covered almonds from the center of our table.
8. I discovered that I don't like working in books where I have pre-made pages "in order to save time".
9. While at a teacher in-service on Monday, I re-discovered the behavior styles of "Bull, Tigger, Owl, and Lamb.
10. I discovered, I am so "Owl", Scott is so "Bull", Andrea is so "Lamb" and McKenna is so "Tigger"; a perfect balance. :)
I so hoped to include photos in this Sunday's post, but I am ready for bed.
Love to all and hopefully it won't be so long before my next post!
Melle
1 comment:
Amen to your discoveries!
I can personally attest to the one about the kids being oblivious to food containers "where we left them..or Daddy left them" whatever, and whenever. Probably last night. We have that to cope with in our lives. I still do, but what the heck--it's not a whole crew anymore!
Love your other insights, about owls, tiggers, bulls and lambs!
What's neat about your reflections and writing them down is that it reaches out and shares with others. Thank you so much!
Love, Y.M.
Post a Comment