Saturday, February 27, 2010

TGI S !

Thank God it's SATURDAY! I do love Saturdays :o)
-slept in a little
-caught up on my Heidi Swapp videos
-had my long hot shower
and now, munching on a yummy bagel w/ cream cheese and totally loving a hot cup of tea, "Earl Gray, hot" for those Capt. Picard, Star Trek fans like me out there......

For my regular readers, I know a Saturday post is a surprise, but I'm not sure I'll get to my usual Sunday evening post. Today, my plan is to lock myself up in my studio and totally ignore the chores today. (Not that I like cleaning house, but as is typical during school the house is a wreck - mounds of laundry, pile of dishes, vacuuming, dusting.....how does all this happen when we aren't even here?) And so, if I don't touch the house today, I'll be one busy camper tomorrow. I have so many projects to finish for work - good stuff - but like Donna Downey said, if I don't purge these from my brain (in my case, from my list of ideas, since I can't remember stuff) my family might find me curled up in some corner mumbling "artshow, print photos, 10 paintbrushes"......

My lesson for the week is I really have to say "Never say never" and own it!
As many of you know by now, I've been in touch with someone who might want me to make 75 invitations for her daughters birthday! Two weeks ago, I said "I will never do a custom order again", I find myself this weekend considering it. At dinner last night, I concluded I will try to say "no" because she needs it in the next two weeks; with my student artshow only 5 weeks away I just don't have the time......Scott concluded, I'm gonna do it anyway......the $225 I'd get for the job is too tempting. So is the potential to attract more jobs from the 75 mommies who will receive an invitation.

Well, I've prayed on it and know the answer will come. For today I will work away on the school stuff I brought home - a scanning student artwork project to make notecards with for fundraising and finishing the details on a counting book my arts and crafts students have put together - I'll keep you posted and maybe, just maybe with photos of completed projects.......okay, and maybe, just maybe a photo of the 1 idea I have to submit to this mommy for the birthday party.

Love to all,
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I was surprised to peek in this morning and there is your post! Already!

Sounds like a very busy week, and hope the girls can help you with housework while you are tucked away in your work room.

See you tomorrow!
Love, Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails