Saturday, February 27, 2010

Progress....

At school our Primary art students are responsible for making the "thank you" cards for our volunteers for the Volunteer Reception at the end of March. Well, I've also had this idea to make note cards out of the students' artwork and then sell those. The above idea will be the thank you cards for the volunteers (mom, you get a sneak peak :) ) and then the note cards will only have the student art on the front (w/o the thanks in vellum). So, progress! I've also scanned about 20 pieces of artwork.

Above is a "peek-a-boo counting book" (just made that up) but it has a flap that the reader can open to find the item inside. So, this page had 10 dots, 10 stamped pencils and a photo of the students' 10 hands - cute? Hope it's not too obvious, but the watercolor background was just using up old sets we had that I just can't bring myself to pitch 'cause they still have some paint in them. We've made two books - one for the media center and one for "aftercare showcase" that is also at the end of the month.


And finally, I kept it very simple, but I created these small sample invitations (4 x 6),

and I created these bigger ones (5 x 7). I'm totally not happy w/ the ribbons I chose, but it was all I had on hand. I've emailed them to the "potential customer". We'll see and of course, I'll keep you posted. :o)

Okay, of to work on another book, this time a digital one of the students in aftercare also for the "showcase". Oh and still want to upload all that artwork I scanned to I can get the photos printed....

Thanks for checking in!
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha! So you had time to do all that and start on more after 2 pm!I am very impressed! Loved the volunteer cards!!! Well, I like everything you've come up with today, for sure...and hope that that lady will like the invitation ideas too.

See you tomorrow!
Love, Y.M. (the stalker)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails