Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catching Up!

I desperately want to catch up on some posts this evening but now Blogger is giving me a difficult time.....so, I'll give it my best shot.....hang in there with me! :o)

The last time I posted we were in the middle of Teacher Appreciation Week and in the middle of my ambitious goal of handmade gifts for each one of McKenna's teachers for each day of the week....this is a photo of McKenna taking her goodies in on Wednesday.

I was so excited when I discovered paper at my scrapbook store (SHE Scrapbooks ROCKS!) that has our school colors on it. I knew right away it would make perfect notecards for McKenna's teachers. (Not to mention for a few teachers at my school, which kept me just as busy filling those orders in time for the week.) Keeping w/ the chocolate theme, I also decorated chocolate bars with the same paper.

And finally, on Friday I gave mason jars filled with teeny-tiny chocolate chip cookies (discovered, we love the Pillsbury ones, and Nestle ones....not so much). Thank you Michele for the idea and thank you Barb for the ever so adorable "chocolate chip cookie day" stamp!!!

Well, I hesitate to share the next photo with you, but after two full weeks of crafting cards and gifts (after work), this is what a studio REALLY looks like. For years I fell into that trap of thinking those studios featured in scrapbook magazines were just perfect.....perfect maybe, but not reality! Who can work in a space where everything is put away??!!

However, THIS is a bit extreme, so rest assured, I did finally clean this space up. :o)
Which was made easier when I came home to this for an early Mother's Day present from Scott!
Aren't they cool?? Drawers, drawers and more drawers and I love the fact that they are the ones that snap closed so I can take them with me to retreats, etc.

Here's why I needed those! Melle and her stacks of STUFF!
One of my first summer "things to do" is to organize these drawers....I CAN'T WAIT!! :o)

This is also what I got for Mother's Day......breakfast in bed with some of my absolute favorites;
Mickey Mouse waffles, fresh strawberry's, Earl Gray tea and my two girls waiting on my hand and foot......mmmmm, sweet!
And finally, what makes a studio......well, with this new addition I think I don't have to call it a garage anymore :o) I have wanted a sliding screen door for almost two years now and let me tell you it is everything I hoped it would be! I get to open it early morning and late evenings - love it!
Okay, more to tell, but these are the highlights...... just last week, Andrea received an "Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in Science" at the high school awards ceremony.
Science - who knew!?!
We were one proud family!
Coming up:
McKenna's awards on Tuesday and my promise not to let so many weeks slip by again between posts....it's too hard to catch up this way!
Love you all!!!
5 more days with kids......
11 more days for me and then........SUMMER VACATION!!!!!
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just plain good stuff! Andrea is gorgeous! McKenna is a sweetie!

You've worked so hard to make others pleased. I know you're looking forward to June/July and I'll be there to pester you in your newly screened in craft room.

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails