Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reasons to celebrate!

Hello All! Well, reasons to celebrate, yes in deed!
#1. Let's celebrate that I'm posting before two weeks have gone by! Hee, hee
For someone who has no more students this week (reason #2 to celebrate), I still haven't made it home before 6:00 pm. I guess that leads me to #3 reason to celebrate, I got to sign my contract today so I still have an ART job next year and, yep, I got a great evaluation! :o) I have to admit that Art teacher must really be the right place for me because I was looking back over my evaluations and initially, years ago, as a classroom teacher I received "Satisfactorys" and thought that was pretty good, 'cause "Outstandings" must be impossible to get. Well, I'm grateful to say, that although, keeping my "outstandings" as an art teacher from year to year is almost as difficult to keep as it was to earn them in the first place, I have earned them and have kept them now for several years.
(sorry, didn't mean to blab on about me, me, me.....I just felt it important to journal about that)

And so, #4 reason to celebrate, after Andrea's award night a few weeks ago, McKenna's award ceremony went very well too. I am so blessed.

We even checked out Andrea from high school so she could be there with us. Andrea is wearing McKenna's lanyard which was filled with Citizenship pins and several Principal's list pins. The end of the lanyard also dangled with several Accelerator Reader tokens. McKenna's award folder was filled with awards from Science and Math. She also received a "Mother Hen" award. It was explained that from day one in class, McKenna was ready to help anyone (esp. her teacher) with anything they needed, or helped keep them in line with anything they should be doing. Hee, hee, I was so proud.

Love to all,
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! CELEBRATE! I'm proud of you and the girls big time!!

It's a rare art teacher who can earn Outstanding ratings year after year. Of course, you practially live at VCS, (a-hem!)

Great pic of Grandma Gail, Andrea and our little "Mother Hen". That is SO McKenna!

Love you,

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails