Saturday, June 12, 2010

Photoshop Progress!

From Wikipedia:
To "bite the bullet" is to endure a painful or otherwise unpleasant situation that is seen as unavoidable. The phrase was coined by [3][1]Rudyard Kipling in his 1891 novel The Light That Failed.[1] It is often stated that it is derived historically from the practice of having a patient clench a bullet in his or her teeth as a way to cope with the extreme pain of a surgical procedure without anesthetic though evidence for biting a bullet, rather than a leather strap, during surgery is sparse.[2]

Well, I have been avoiding "biting the bullet" and purchasing yet another software program to "scrapbook" my digital photos with for a while now, however, I think I will be at peace when I final purchase this Photoshop Elements 8.

-I am still extremely happy with my Corel Paint Shop Pro. It is so easy to use when it comes to editing the actual photo (red eye, teeth whitening, blemish remover; fun photo effects such as sepia and infrared- a cool black and white effect) and I am happy I have that program.

- I still like my original scrapbooking software "Lifetimez" and will still use it from time to time.

-I will no longer try to get by with my older version of Photoshop. Although I know it must be a really good one, it takes a much high I.Q. then I have to operate it!

And so, here is what I completed this morning with my Photoshop Elements 8:


I know, it probably doesn't really look all that different from anything else I've already posted before, but believe me, once I learned how to use it, it is much easier (and fun) to create with and better yet, a whole new world of creative possibilities are now available to me thanks to the internet. Oh, I should confess, I still haven't "bitten the bullet". I downloaded the free 30 day trial version of PSE. I'm going to put off actually purchasing it for a few more weeks. :o)

It's the weekend everyone! May it be a good one full of wonderful memories!
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons for the bullet instead of the leather strap or stick of wood was that the poor person/victim being operated on was terrified of accidentally swallowing the bullet, thus choking to death during the operation.

A common question asked was "Don't you have any leeches handy?"

or "can we postpone until Tuesday, after I get my hair done/mustache waxed, etc."

Great collage! I say WOW!!

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails