Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Signs of summer and things I forgot to share....

Signs of summer I loved today:
1. McKenna making sno-cones in our new sno-cone machine,
2. sitting in the bookstore thumbing through scrapbook magazines in the middle of the day,
3. and worked in the studio today for friends and loved ones.

Things I forgot to share:
I made this for a friend at work who won't be teaching with us next year.

And I never shared my critique of the movie Fireproof. Although it was a little too long in the beginning, I'm really glad I saw it through to the end. And I bet the book (The Love Dare) is even better which I have it on hold at the library. It is a Christian based movie, with several really good messages for couples. For example, although a marriage might be "fireproof" it doesn't mean that the fire won't come and you never leave your partner alone, especially in a "fire". Don't forget, you marriage vows are a covenant, not a contract. There was also this very pivotal point in the movie when Kirk Cameron's character is going on and on about all the things he has done for his wife and how they have gone unnoticed or unappreciated......when his dad looks at him and says "Look around you, God has done all of these things for you because he loves you....have you noticed them?"......whew, powerful.

Love you all.
Sweet dreams.
Melle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails