- well, while looking for a "daddy with daughters photo" to post this past weekend for Father's Day, I realized I really don't have any photos of them together - how is that possible?! I have two cameras in this house and I'm snapping and downloading and editing photos all the time, how is that possible?! So that is something I want to improve on.
- then, while looking for a "wedding photo" to also post this past weekend in honor of our anniversary, I was reminded how I have NOT scrapbooked my wedding photos yet (I know, I know!) I realized two things! One, I didn't have a wedding photo "handy". I mean, I do have one 8 x 10 framed in the hallway, and I found a 5 x 7 in a smaller frame, but the photo is stuck to the glass. Second, I found a lot of photos with guests at the wedding that I forgot were there! Isn't that awful?! Only 18 years ago, and I truly forgot who was there! Oh my gosh, I've got to get these journaled.
- on a good note, my mom and I (thanks mom!) are now going through some of her childhood photos (which have been in a box) and are now scanning them and journaling their stories. Of course the dates of these events in the photos are important, but I find myself wanting to know, who took the photo? was there a theme for the birthday party? what flavor was the cake?
- my mom has also found some of my childhood (and teenage) photos that I thought were long lost, so I'm glad to see them, but that has brought up some interesting things as well. One, it's weird how you might have photos of people you still really don't want to see anymore; some photos of people you really miss and are so grateful you do have a photo of them, even if it is blurry or in an odd camera angle; and some photos still remind me how poor my memory is!! Let me tell you, there are two photos of some fella holding my hand and I don't even remember who he is or the event he would of been with me!!! Holy Cow!!!
And yes, please feel free to help hold me accountable to my own advice!!!!
Just think, many of you are my closest, closest friends and do I have a pictures of you and I together?? I know, we don't want to right now, but one day, I will cherish these memories and our times together so very, very much.
Love you!!!
Melle
1 comment:
Great write-up of your thoughts today! One thing you might add is, if you don't have time to journal, at least write something on the back of the photo or with the photo if you keep them in a digital file. Old photos without any dates or names drive us nuts, right?! And I have a couple of pictures of myself at dances with some guy that I don't remember --or name slips my mind, etc., too!
Y.M.
Post a Comment