Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/11

9/11 used to be the day we celebrated my birthday,
now it is a day our country mourns for those lost in the terrorist attacks 9 years ago.

9/11 is a time we remember the 343 firefighters who lost their lives on that day.

I couldn't be more proud of my firefighter.
He makes sacrifices everyday to serve and protect so many we don't even know, I feel ashamed when I've whined and complained.

9/11 is also a day we remember the brave men and women who have sacraficed their lives for the freedoms we enjoy.

However, thanks to the love of my wonderful friends and the love of my family, I can still celebrate my birthday and I thank them so much for that. Thanks to my friends and family this birthday weekend, I have eaten well, crafted with my hands and left my fingers all messy, I have money to spend at Michael's and am carefully researching my options and best of all I have 3 new books to devour.....so off I go......

okay, well, those of you who know me so well.....it's after 10:00pm on a Sunday evening....."off I go" alright, but to bed.....hopefully, I'll get at least 2 pages in before I crash.

Love to all!
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much to be proud of!

I thought I'd posted, but maybe it was "lost". I'm so impressed with the pipers and Scott's bearing, in kilt, hat --bagpipes are so hard to play, it's amazing how he has mastered them.

Thank you for sharing moments of this honored day, though it marks forever a tragic one.
Love, Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails