Saturday, September 18, 2010

Prototypes....

Just wanted to get these posted tonight.....


I've been working in the studio some today hoping to get inspired for this year's Halloween treat bags....last year you may recall I made about 35 of these little babies, which led to a whole lot more at Christmas. (Perfect timing on both: October's helped fund Andrea's birthday and December's helped fund McKenna's.) However, I just can't imagine me doing it again this year. Although they are a lot of fun (primary motivation), they are very time consuming (only 'cause I carefully putter on each one). This year I'd like to offer a class one day after work in my classroom and maybe, just maybe offer a class at SHE (wink), but I don't know if there would be enough interest for people to actually make them themselves.....
I'm still hoping some other ideas come to me, but my favorite part that's new is the black paper "lace" across the top of the bags - too cute!


I am really happy with the tag. The paper lace was just from a brown paper bag....talk about cheap! I was so glad to get my glimmer mist out and working again. Last week while at a class I was explaining that since I had thrown away the lids from my glimmer mist bottles, all of the bottles were now clogged. I thought I tried everything to make them work (wasted a lot of glimmer in the meantime), but last week someone said, "have you tried soaking the lids in warm water?". I answered "of course I had", (cause I tried "everything").....but I got to thinking.....while trying "everything" I hadn't really allowed the lids to SOAK. Well, whatta know? It worked! I am so grateful.

Hopefully back with a real post tomorrow......I still haven't gotten to tell you my camera lens story.......

Love to all!
Melle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible! Fantastic! Love that lace! Thanks for sharing your "discoveries". That tag is awesome cute!!

Y.M.

Anonymous said...

I have a great (I think) idea to share with you from Margaret.
Will do soon, for this type of thing.

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails