Monday, December 27, 2010

Bitter-sweet

As I lay here to write this post, I am so very, very grateful I do not have to get out of this warm and cozy bed and face work today. It is COLD! No, I mean, 6 major airports shut-down; snow flurries in Florida and Sunday night football postponed until Tuesday for the first time since 1940 somethin' kind of COLD!

On other hand, as I lay here thinking about what I wanted to post about our wonderful holiday this year, I always feel a little sad that it's over, sort of a "post holiday depression"..... You know how it is, we spend so many, many weeks getting ready for the Big Day and then it seems it's over so quickly. It was such a wonderful holiday for us this year; from the candlelight service at church on Thursday night to the four of us spending the Sunday after Christmas playing games together.

(I do have photos to post, but Scott helped clean up my laptop and transferred ALL my photos to my external hard drive....that's okay, however, the hard drive is in the living room, and as I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I am in my warm and cozy bed and I am not getting out...well, not yet anyway! :o) )

The chilly weather also means no working in the studio for me. Well, I did dawn several layers and managed to slather some paint on paper last night and I started to feel much better. However, today, it looks like I better tackle one of the many projects on my list that can be done in the warmth of the house.....

-yearbook pages
-filing the piles of bill paperwork
-yearbook pages
-posting photos to the blog
-yearbook pages
-start washing our new clothes
-yearbook pages
-start putting away the monorail that's under the Christmas tree
-start putting away the Christmas tree
-yearbook pages
-ordering prints of our Christmas photos
-yearbook pages
-catching up on lesson plans
-yearbook pages

Hmmm, I certainly have plenty I've been procrastinating......

Wait, I could even venture out to shop at Hobby Lobby with my new gift cards, but that would require me getting out of this warm and cozy bed. I mean, if I can go outside to shop, then I surely could go outside to work in the studio!

The weatherman says our temps will return to the 70's by this Thursday and Friday. If I plan wisely, complete that list from above and I could declare Thursday and Friday as "Studio Days".......

Perhaps I better start with a shower, however, that will require me getting out of this warm and cozy bed......

Happy Day everyone, stay warm and check back soon to see if I ever made it out of this.....warm and cozy bed!
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hobby Lobby is open Tuesday.
Yearbook Pages.
Eat lunch.
Yearbook pages.
Work in Studio - weather warmer end of week.
Yearbook....

Ah, heck! Loved your comments!

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails