mmmm, the house smells heavenly this morning.
It smells just like cookies and brownies.
It's too bad blogs don't include the ability to share smells.
Smell; might just be the most unappreciated sense that we have. Just think, you can't enjoy food without it.
(....Perhaps I could use a little less ability to smell, since I keep gaining so much weight....but I digress....here let me eat one of those newly baked cookies to help me focus....)
We are almost done with the baking. Yesterday we finished, several of those Nestle frozen cookies that have cute reindeer and special holiday colored chips, but then we baked our usual Reindeer Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, and chocolate chip.
(oh oh, we forgot the oatmeal raisin - of course I think I'm the only one who eats those....thus the extra weight again....sorry, here I'll eat another cookie to help me ....mmmm...focus).
We made Rice Krispie Treats, brownies and Andrea added a really delicious truffle recipe to our usual list of treats. We still have the Forget 'ems, Cream Cheese Bars and banana pudding to make today.
I'll share recipes soon....
I'll share why we do all this, soon.....
In the meantime, I had some photos ready to share:
Catching up from last week, McKenna and fellow classmates in the choir had a holiday performance at Church on the Square in The Villages.
It smells just like cookies and brownies.
It's too bad blogs don't include the ability to share smells.
Smell; might just be the most unappreciated sense that we have. Just think, you can't enjoy food without it.
(....Perhaps I could use a little less ability to smell, since I keep gaining so much weight....but I digress....here let me eat one of those newly baked cookies to help me focus....)
We are almost done with the baking. Yesterday we finished, several of those Nestle frozen cookies that have cute reindeer and special holiday colored chips, but then we baked our usual Reindeer Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, and chocolate chip.
(oh oh, we forgot the oatmeal raisin - of course I think I'm the only one who eats those....thus the extra weight again....sorry, here I'll eat another cookie to help me ....mmmm...focus).
We made Rice Krispie Treats, brownies and Andrea added a really delicious truffle recipe to our usual list of treats. We still have the Forget 'ems, Cream Cheese Bars and banana pudding to make today.
I'll share recipes soon....
I'll share why we do all this, soon.....
In the meantime, I had some photos ready to share:
Catching up from last week, McKenna and fellow classmates in the choir had a holiday performance at Church on the Square in The Villages.

The students did a wonderful job. It was a beautiful evening.

A few days later, Scott also performed at Church at the Square with The Sounds of Scotland. It too, was a very nice evening.
And on Black Friday McKenna had a chance to visit with Santa. It was so cute because while Andrea had every intention of just watching from the sidelines, Santa had a different plan. When he raised his white gloved hand and used his pointer finger in the "you, come over here" sign language, Andrea knew she better go and "visit" with Santa too. He seemed to take a real liking to her. Spoke with her longer than McKenna. They chatted about college and the future.....cool.Merry Christmas everyone!
Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll get to finish my holiday shopping. :o)
Melle
1 comment:
Love those photos! Such happiness!
Blessed you are with sweet daughters (and I, with sweet granddaughters!)
Are the photos of cookies edible? I can't wait to taste them!
Oh, and compliments on your wit in recent posts about taking a break and then about "trying to focus"! LOL!! Cookie time!
Love,
Y.M.
Post a Comment