Sunday, March 27, 2011

Was just thinking.....

This morning I was just thinking about how Wal-Mart doesn't sell exercise equipment.
Then I was thinking about how the junk food such as chips, sodas, cookies and candy are all so cheap.
Then I was thinking about how the fruits and vegetables at Wal-mart are awful.
My eating is an addiction, I am a junkie, and Wal-Mart is my supplier.

Then, while I continued to worry about me and my family's weight gain and poor eating habits, it has always been uncomfortable, but I can't help but think of the visions of obese people in the Disney movie WALL-E.........and then, then is occurred to me........WALL-E.....Wal-Mart......
I knew WALL-E was full of subtle messages, but that one didn't hit me until today.

So, on that note, I've now confessed to you all that I hate my weight gain. I hate that my kids are overweight. But I obviously don't hate it bad enough to do anything about it, right? It's not true. I try. Thus the addiction. The more the stress, the stronger the urge to eat.

Thankfully, the stress of our school yearbook is behind me for now.
The stress relief is temporary though. Next is the student art show, however, that might seem like a walk in the park or even like riding a bike, since I have a few of those under my belt.

With the relief of that stress this weekend, I found myself with a new energy.
I tackled a few piles of clutter without frustration.
I bought fruits and vegetables (at Publix) and made sure Andrea AND McKenna had salad (well lettuce) with at least one of their meals.
I did not buy McDonald's for breakfast for myself AND the girls today. (McKenna was crushed.)
I did play 4 games of tennis with Andrea this afternoon and I held my own.

So yes, the yearbook's last page with submitted at 2:44 on Friday afternoon. I experienced a new emotion for the first time. That one where you feel like screaming "woohoo" and throwing up at the same time. Oh my gosh. I don't even want to know what I feel like when they are passed out to the masses.

With the submission of our last page, I treated myself to a trip to She Scrapbooks AND to Hobby Lobby. I treated myself to an afternoon of crafting time in the studio.
This is actually the one I finished last weekend, which I love.

This was with one of my new stamps and green....green is out of my comfort zone.....but yellows and oranges, definitely give me comfort.

This one ain't really nothin' special, but I like the flowers. It's the first chance I've had to play with the new Tim Holtz die I've only had for about 2 months.



Coming up this week is McKenna's big debut as a munchkin (and a jitterbug) in the high school's play of Wizard of Oz. I anticipate we'll have a lot of fun, but it will make for a very long week.
I'll update next Sunday.....on both my addiction and on McKenna..... :o)
Love,
Melle

2 comments:

kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

i'm glad your stress level is slowly on the decline! :)

love all your creations! i can't seem to get into anything crafty as of late,.. & it's bumming me out.

i totally feel ya on the eating habits.. trying to take care of your family in a hectic schedule sometimes lends itself to a perpetual cycle.. & trying to get help isn't cheap! all the healthy stuff is so expensive!

Anonymous said...

Yes, as Kristy says...heathy suff is more $, but nothing like all that junk (electronic/clothing/toys,etc.) when you take a good look at it.

For years, I've been hearing "But Publix is so EXPENSIVE!!"
Balderdash. Works for me, retired and on fixed income and we are not fat, and we don't buy into stuff to "help you lose weight". And we hate Walmart generally speaking.
Publix also offers great buy one get one free stuff daily.

Okay off soapbox. YAY! I'm so proud and happy you are going to strive to correct some bad habits.
Save up the calories and spoil yourself occasionally!

***** find another drink besides regular Coka Cola.

Oh, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the new work you've been doing!! WOW!! The photo on canvas with the hand made flowers is one of my very faves to date!

Most important is what you realized about WALL-E. Do pass that revelation around!!

Looking forward to seeing McKenna in the play this weekend!

Love,
Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails