Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's a good day to be a parent!

It was a day of "firsts" for my Broaderick girls;
It was a day of accomplishments!

What is it they say?

"All good things come to those who wait"

"Better late than never"

Well, if that's the case, Andrea has got that nailed!
It may be a year and a half past her 15th birthday, but today she finally was ready for me to take her to the DVM and take the test for her learner's permit.

And, she passed!!
Woohoo!
Woohoo, one more teen driver on the road.....

I do wish the photo was better. I'll try to stage another one.
I mean, she looks great, but you can't see the license :o(
but trust me, it's there.

Then, earlier today, McKenna mastered the flip turn during swim class today and then did the knee dive off of Miss Perry's diving board all by herself. Both feats were not only done completely by herself for the very first time, but flawlessly.

I was so proud.
I am so proud.

All report cards and FCAT scores have also finally arrived this week.
Both girls did very, very well.
Whew.

And me?
Well, I celebrated by avoiding the Halloween/Christmas/Easter clutter that still sits on our hearth and played in the studio this afternoon. :o)
Here is a small sample.
I forgot a pile of flowers I painted.
I'll share those next time.


I just felt like playing and you can't go wrong with a tag. Flowers are in acrylic paint, background in watercolor, which reacted differently than I expected on the manila tag....

These tags McKenna helped glimmer mist and color wash stencils onto manila tag. I then stamped and embossed in the Cuddlebug.

More color wash, stamped and embossed....

And these were inspired by artist Christy Tomlinson (her link is on my blog list). I made a larger one in my Inspiration Journal several weeks ago. This time I tried four smaller ones thinking I'd put them on the front of a note card....still could, but now I don't want to give up the originals....I could scan them, print them and then attach to cards......not sure yet.

Yep, a good day to be a parent.
Yep, a good day to be me.

Thank you God.
:o)
Melle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!!!!!

Great news for Andrea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And McKenna (but of course too!)

Neato stuff you're doing in your nice uncluttered studio.

Wish you'd called to tell me we have another certified driver in the Broaderick family!

Congrats to McK for her dive!

Love,

Y.M.

Anonymous said...

LST,

Forgot to mention in my excitment over the girls' accomplishments (!!) that the cards & tags are delightful & fresh! More fun!

Can't wait to see in person!

Pround of all you girls, am I!

Love, Y.M.

Anonymous said...

Patience is truly a virtue. Congrats again to Andrea for passing her learn to drive permit and to McKenna for her flip turn and knee dive, she finally mastered these. Hoorah!

Love, Grandma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails