Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday R and R

"R and R" means "Really, Really tired" which is why I needed some Rest and Relaxation!
Yesterday, as I told my mom, we 3 girls were hermits.

Hermit - as defined by:
1. A person who has withdrawn from society and lives a solitary existence; a recluse.

Not to be confused with Herman's Hermits the British rock band from the 60's, of which who have a website for their adoring fans. You can click here to visit it.

Also not to be confused with Kermit the frog....it was not a typo....click here if you'd like to see the trailer for their newest movie set to come out in December.

By Friday I was so exhausted that I even canceled hair appointments for McKenna and I. All I wanted to do was order pizza and tackle the stack of Netflix videos that had piled up on my dresser. Of course the ripple effects of canceling hair appointments will be felt for weeks.

So Saturday, we did nothing.
So, if you called me.....
If you emailed me.....
If you knocked at my door....
I am so very sorry that I didn't respond.

Today, we started to assimilate into society again, so by tomorrow we'll be ready to hit the road in full speed. None too soon either as it promises to be another long week with late nights. McKenna's Open House is Monday, Tuesday is mine and Andrea's swim team has their first meet on Thursday. However, the 3 day weekend is on the horizon....and Friday is jeans day.....that makes it all worth while :o).

Just two more things to mention before I close and finish those grades I need to enter....
Procrastinate?
Who me?
Nope.
You know me better.
No, you don't need to bring up the post I wrote a few months ago (okay, it was exactly a year ago...that's weird).....are you sure I wrote something about being a Master Procrastinator?
No, you really don't need to go HERE to remind me!

On Saturday, I did do lots, I means loads and loads of laundry and I did finally get to play in the studio. It had been FOUR weeks since I sat in there. I was going through withdrawal!
(I didn't actually draw the flowers....plz! Those are stamps, but I did paint w/ watercolor and acrylic. It is extremely relaxing for me.)

These will eventually look something like this:

And most of you know, but I am so psyched that The Lion King is being re-released in theaters for two weeks in September!!!! It'll be in 3D....that's cool, but not as cool as getting to see The Lion King on the big screen again.


I can't wait!

Have a great week ya'll.
Love,
Melle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day it was for you, Little Miz Hermit! And your child-hermits....

Missing from this account was your various & surprising choices of cuisine for the day! LOL!

Loved the sweet cards you watercolored. All in all, a very good thing to do --treat yourself to a day of catch-up and enjoy!

Love,

Y.M.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails